Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Or just get studs...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Or just get studs...
    +1
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

man, lol. OK. In that case, anyone know of any reasonably priced spacers of good quality that come with bolts? Ill probably be ordering a set from ecs. Is the ecs brand any good? (https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-33.../5mm/ES205203/)

Now im starting to wonder if I can get away with 10mm in the rear and 5mm in the front or even 10 all around with my set up

The setup I will be running is 19x8.5 et40 and 9.5et45 with 235/35 and 255/30 in the rear with rolled fenders
    Last edited by ef_michael; 07-25-2016 at 11:13 PM.

check out bimmian.com, they are canadian-based and you don't have to deal with duty and stuff. they have small spacers and bolts, i bought a set of 3mm spacers w/ bolts from them and they were decent quality.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

with 5mm spacers you need hub extenders. The 5mm pushes the wheel out and it wont center on the hub properly and you'll get vibrations in your steering wheel (I know from experience). PLUS extra force on those wheel bolts that now have 5mm less thread in the hub is not a good thing.

I suggest if you are going to do the 5mm spacers you at least get hub extenders or longer wheel bolts, preferably both.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

I can't remember if it's front or rear but one end you can't use extenders as the inside of the flange is dished.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I can't remember if it's front or rear but one end you can't use extenders as the inside of the flange is dished.
    I'm pretty sure its the rear
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    with 5mm spacers you need hub extenders. The 5mm pushes the wheel out and it wont center on the hub properly and you'll get vibrations in your steering wheel (I know from experience). PLUS extra force on those wheel bolts that now have 5mm less thread in the hub is not a good thing.

I suggest if you are going to do the 5mm spacers you at least get hub extenders or longer wheel bolts, preferably both.
    I second this. Had a lot of vibration when I didn't have my extenders.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm pretty sure its the rear
    Yep it's the rear. The hub extenders cost so much though. I mean it's easy to make, I could machine it myself if I had the tools. But at least the turners are black which is nice.

Hmm alot of people are telling me id need extended and alot of people are also telling me id be fine with using hubcentric 5mm spacers without extended lugs..

I guess safer to go with em'

Hubcentric spacers start at 12mm
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast