Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well everything got finished up on Saturday, but it's been raining since so no final product pics yet, but they do look sexy. Took her for a quick test, and the brakes were horrible. When I got back they were smoking and I could smell burnt oil. Then I remembered, "duh, you handled them like crazy with your dirty nasty fingers". Since then, I've driven a total of 6 miles, and the brake feel is much better. I'm planning on bedding them in, when? I don't know. I'd prefer clearer weather.

I need to adjust the parking brake, right now it's not quite catching. But it looks like my mod worked, and with a little adjusting things will be perfect. I adjusted the cables at the hand brake, but that wasn't enough. I need to take the wheel and rotor back off to adjust the little ( I don't know what it's called) gear like piece between the e-brake pads. Planning on doing that tonight. Rainy days make me so unmotivated.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Goood work. Gurl like you outta have her own shop.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

This might help with the parking brake. You should be able to get to it without taking the rotor off.

Parking Brake Adjustment

Step i: The parking brake adjuster resides in the parking brake assembly which is located inside of the rear rotors. The adjustment for the parking brake shoes is done from a small adjustment wheel that is accessible through one of the wheel bolt holes on the rotor.

Step ii: Turn the rotor so that one of the wheel bolt holes is at 12:00. Using a light, you should be able to look into the bolt hole which is immediately down and to the rear of the car and see the adjustment wheel.

Step iii: Insert a flat screwdriver into the hole and spin the adjusting wheel as follows:

* On the passenger side of the car, spin the adjusting wheel downwards
    * On the driver side of the car, spin the wheel upwards

Step iv: Continue spinning the adjusting wheel until it cannot be turned any more. At this stage, the parking brake adjustment for that wheel should be fully expanded and the rotor should not turn if you try to. If the rotor spins, the adjusting wheel is not expanded to its fullest position.

Step v: Turn the adjusting wheel in the opposite direction 4 times.

Step vi: Do the same procedure on the other wheel (noting the difference in directions from the opposite wheel). This assumes that you have similarly disassembled the brake on the other side of the car.

Step vii: When these steps are completed, both rotors should spin freely (as much as is normal) and the parking brake handle should only "click" about 4-5 times when lifted.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

^^^Thanks! I didn't realize I get to it through the rotor, that's awesome. A lot less work.

Thanks for the complements Dane. I could not have my own shop though. I couldn't do much of anything w/out a little help from my bf and he doesn't like to work on other people's cars. I also suck at breaking bolts loose (Imma wimp , I even have a 30" breaker bar. ). And the whole liability thing. lol.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123