Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Rolling fenders/bolt-on? Sedan

Does anyone have any experience with rolling fenders/applying bolt-on fender flares?
    I'm running 225s on front and 255s in the rear, and have no room to put spacers in the back, the rub was awful when I tried fitting 15mms, let alone the 20mms! Managed to get 15mm spacers on the front but the back ones could still use some spacing.
    Also I'm not only looking for the stance from the spacers, but also the aggressive look of wider fenders, especially in the rear.(One of the main things lacking from the M3 to ZHP transition IMO)
    Do I have enough room to roll them on a sedan? And even though bolt-ons can look sloppy they definitely add more aggression and allow for more wiggle room.

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

I would just roll your fenders and not bother with the bolt on fender flares, most of the ones I have seen look tacky IMO. I currently have 18x9.5 ET35 ARC-8s in the rear of my coupe that I've been driving around with for a few days and I haven't even rolled my fenders yet. They are rubbing a little bit, especially on dips but nothing too major. Not sure why you are rubbing that much with the stock 135s and 15mm spacers, that would put your offset at around ET35 with an 8.5' rim. What tires are you running? That can have a big impact on how much space you have in the back as some tire profiles are wider.

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Quote Originally Posted by bosszhp View Post
    I would just roll your fenders and not bother with the bolt on fender flares, most of the ones I have seen look tacky IMO. I currently have 18x9.5 ET35 ARC-8s in the rear of my coupe that I've been driving around with for a few days and I haven't even rolled my fenders yet. They are rubbing a little bit, especially on dips but nothing too major. Not sure why you are rubbing that much with the stock 135s and 15mm spacers, that would put your offset at around ET35 with an 8.5' rim. What tires are you running? That can have a big impact on how much space you have in the back as some tire profiles are wider.
    I'm running Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and I don't know if this affects it but there are performance shocks and springs, not sure if the hubs had to be moved for that? I didn't think about the different profiles though, I'll have to look into that.
    And I agree with the tackiness, it'd be more of a last ditch effort kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    I'm running Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and I don't know if this affects it but there are performance shocks and springs, not sure if the hubs had to be moved for that? I didn't think about the different profiles though, I'll have to look into that.
    And I agree with the tackiness, it'd be more of a last ditch effort kind of thing
    I'm running Michelin PSS as well and I'm pretty sure the coupe and sedans have the same amount of space in the wheel wells. Might be your suspension setup, are you lowered at all? I have Koni FSDs with Eibach Springs. This is my fitment in the back w/out the fenders rolled.

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Quote Originally Posted by bosszhp View Post
    I'm running Michelin PSS as well and I'm pretty sure the coupe and sedans have the same amount of space in the wheel wells. Might be your suspension setup, are you lowered at all? I have Koni FSDs with Eibach Springs.
    Yeah I'm lowered a bit, tomorrow I'll go through the paperwork from when I bought it to check how far, but I know I have Koni, have to look into the specifics

Nah the coupes can fit wider wheels than the sedan can. Definitely not the same. Also you look like you are lower than he is. I would just roll the fender, and possibly a little pull. That should do the trick. I don't like doing bolt ons. But in order to get more room with bolt ons, you gotta be comfortable with cutting off some of the fender. Otherwise it's pointless to put it on. If you're going to cut them anyways, might as well try to roll first and if you mess up, then put the bolt-ons fenders on lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Nah the coupes can fit wider wheels than the sedan can. Definitely not the same. Also you look like you are lower than he is. I would just roll the fender, and possibly a little pull. That should do the trick. I don't like doing bolt ons. But in order to get more room with bolt ons, you gotta be comfortable with cutting off some of the fender. Otherwise it's pointless to put it on. If you're going to cut them anyways, might as well try to roll first and if you mess up, then put the bolt-ons fenders on lol
    Ok yeah that makes sense, should I take it to a shop to have it done or rent a roller myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Ok yeah that makes sense, should I take it to a shop to have it done or rent a roller myself?
    Iono, it depends on if you're comfortable with DIY'ing it. Whoever is rolling it for you, make sure that they are taking out the gunk in the rear fenders and resealing it too. Usually they charge more for that. It was a lot more when I asked around so to save money, I just DIY'ed. It's pretty easy. You just have to take your time. Don't rush at all, else it won't look good.

I believe the Mafia has one floating around that members can borrow....
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I believe the Mafia has one floating around that members can borrow....
    I sent it off to another member a month or so back. There is a thread here somewhere. (Sorry on my phone)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast