Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by SapBlk330i View Post
    Hello Gentlemen, I apologize for the silence. I have been really busy this spring.

Ok, I bought a Bluetooth OBDII. I bought, but never replaced the oil level sensor. I cleaned it and added dielectric grease and have not had any problems. I also never got to the SHARK.

Which brings me to the point, I need to update DME with SHARK. I have the charger already. I have purchased Turner Pulley kit and the RETRO-QUICK kit w/ new ZKW lenses. The goal is to get these done in July.

I have a new problem, the oil leak was cleared after the OHFA gasket repair. However, now I have a few more spots in the driveway. At closer inspection I can tell its dripping out the oil plug access cover and backend of the skid plate, but it's not the oil plug. I needed to do an oil change about 1k ago. Over the last few months I have been adding about a 1/2 quart every month. I have replaced the oil cap, and gaskets. I cannot definitively tell where the leak is from. I can see no oil around VCG, OHFA, or VANOS hoses. The dipstick is dry but the oil level sender is filthy. I am not convinced it is the oil level sensor, since the cable is dirty a far up as I can see. I don't know if motor oil migrates up like penetrating oil does and if it was wind pushing it up shouldn't it be everywhere?

To the point again, I think it's the oil pan gasket. I think it's leaking from the aft end by the bell housing. After obtaining 3 quotes ranging from $2200-$2800, I have decided I am going to tackle this myself and hopefully get to finally meet some of y'all. To me it's better to spend $150 on the tools, parts, some food to eat and beers to drink while doing it. I am busy for the rest of June, but that gives me a chance to buy the required Engine Support Bar. I have already purchased the oil pan gasket and dipstick gaskets.

Is there anything else I should replace while in there?

I just did the FCABs earlier this year.

I also want to do the pulleys at the same time since I am pulling the intake, belts, and Power Steering Pump exposing the alternator.

Lastly, I want to do an upper engine cleaning the day before using ACDELCO X66P and an Liqui-Moly engine flush since I will be changing the oil anyway.

I am confident I can do all of these but I want to repay the invite to come over and hopefully y'all can help a brother out. I am going to buy an electric impact wrench and sockets since I only have a pancake compressor.

Standing by for any comments and recommendations.

Based on my work schedule it will be on a weekend. I will probably do the upper engine cleaning, Liqui-Moly flush the day before and drain the oil the night before.

If anyone is interested, message me.
    Give me a date in advance. I will bring over my engine support bar and help out.

I just did the oil pan gasket on my wife's car this past weekend so if you have any questions, let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Really late here, but I wanted to say hi and let you know I'm in Woodbridge in the Dale City area near the corner of Minnieville and Cardinal. Hope to meet you sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Adolfo

2004 330Ci ZHP Orient Blue Metallic
    2002 ///M Roadster Steel Grey Metallic
    1988 325is Zinnoberrot
    1974 2002 Atlantik Blau
    2015 X5 ///M Sport Black Sapphire Metallic (Sold May 2018)
    1999 323i Alpine White (Sold June 2010)

Back in Virginia, Dumfries area, 2004 330i

Quote Originally Posted by Don Adolfo View Post
    Really late here, but I wanted to say hi and let you know I'm in Woodbridge in the Dale City area near the corner of Minnieville and Cardinal. Hope to meet you sometime.

I'm not too far, By port patomac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SapBlk330i View Post
    I'm not too far, By port patomac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that on Highway 1?

Adolfo

2004 330Ci ZHP Orient Blue Metallic
    2002 ///M Roadster Steel Grey Metallic
    1988 325is Zinnoberrot
    1974 2002 Atlantik Blau
    2015 X5 ///M Sport Black Sapphire Metallic (Sold May 2018)
    1999 323i Alpine White (Sold June 2010)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234