Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JKO_ZHP's lighting journey is finally over...I hope lol

I didn't know if I should post here. Since "Projects" sounds like a place where you would post stuff like this, but everyone just post their car builds. In "Lighting", it looks like it's just a place to ask questions about lighting stuff. But it says that all lighting goes there

Been awhile since I met this guy. I don't even know who/how he came to be a customer/friend. Has got to be from someone here. One of the hardest Zhpmafia guys to work with I swear lol (everyone from here needs to be like johnrando ) He originally came to me with some problem with his angel eyes. It was another Orion V2 failure. Also the quad projector retrofit he had done by someone else, well let's just say a monkey could have done better I don't have pictures of the old headlight interior, but it was bad lol I only did some band-aid fixes back then cause this guy had no money

Anyways, fast forward to like two months ago. He comes to me with a plan for his new headlight project since he came into some money and can afford it now. Of course, being the difficult customer that he is. He doesn't let me work on it until like last week, then wants it to be finished asap But I finished it. I had to do the wiring on his car too because he wanted some custom wiring scheme too.

The rest of the post was copied from my build thread on e46f.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Here's a small update. It's actually not for my car lol But I just wanted to show you guys one of these projects that have been keeping me busy. Just finished this one up, and it's e46 related so yeah.

I don't know what his username is on here. But maybe he'll post if he see this.

Just a normal projector retrofit project. You just don't really see many of these done to a facelift coupe headlight.

Headlight specs:
    - OE Halogens retrofitted with Mini-D2S projectors
    - Khoalty Helios angel eyes
    - Osram CBI bulbs
    - Morimoto XB35 HID kit w/D2S adapter (mounted in the factory ballast location, not shown in pictures)
    - White LED bulbs (dunno where he got them from)

Headlights getting ready to be baked. (The zebra blanket makes it return to the stage once again

How it looks opened with the original halogen projector:

Test fit with the Mini-D2S projectors and angel eyes. I believe the projector wasn't fully mounted in this picture. See the heat gun? Well during the test fit, the lens got stuck together again :banghead: :ben:

Finished products :clap::

This was a teaser picture that I sent to the client. The angels were powered by a 9v battery so they weren't as bright:

I attempted to take some pictures of it lit up at night. Didn't turn out good with my camera skills lol But here's the best of them I guess:

The LED corners were blinking so that's why they look dim here:

Cutoff picture. We were like iono 20ft from the wall or something. Taken from the moonroof cause I was too lazy to get out :P

While doing it it made me really want to give it another shot with my car. But eh, I know i'm too lazy to do it for my own car. If I'm getting paid sure lol

But now I'm freed up for a bit, so I'll probably start knocking out those preventative maintenance items soon.
    I should have charged him more for all the grief he gave me

Cut off line looks great !!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pics have not been copied over...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Pics have not been copied over...

weird, it shows up for me. rguti153 must have been able to see it too else he couldn't have commented on the cutoff lol

I can see the pics , lights look great

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    I can see the pics , lights look great

+1

Hmmm... still can't see pics... Il try from laptop...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Pics show on my home iPad.

jko_zhp tried to take some more pictures, but they all turned out like crap too. he has even worst camera skills than I do lol

Nice Cut off line!!

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast