Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Headlight Lens Removal

I have an 06 coupe that was just pummeled with road debris. The bumper is scarred, and my fog light housing is damaged and will need replacement. However, on the xenon light, the silver ring has come loose and is just sitting inside the lens. How do I just remove the lens cover. This is the one piece lens and it looks like it is adhered to the light housing. I do not want to replace the whole assembly. Can I reattach the sliver ring as s temp fix until I replace the lens cover? All the DIY I have seen is for the old style pre facelift.
    2006 TiAg 330ci ZHP

Well to open the headlight , put it in the open , or just use a heat gun . N it should separate

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

you bake it in the oven @ 170F for 7min, then pry apart the lens from the housing - wear gloves, it is hot. be careful of the clips.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

How does he properly seal it again?

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    How does he properly seal it again?

S7 Edge, out
    Butyl Tape should work:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

or, you can re-use the existing sealant if it's OK. but you need to examine it first. best to have some butyl tape around just in case.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

When I had my 05 ZHP Coupe I used a heat gun from Harbor Freight to open up the headlights to install Angel Eyes. It worked great, just wear some thick gloves to protect your hands as the lights get fairly hot. If you have someone to help its way easier to pull them apart while a helper operates the heat gun. When you put them back together just heat up the sealant that is still on the light housing and push the lens back on and hold it tight for a minute or so.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Thanks and appreciate all the input. I need to weigh out my options as I will need to replace the lens anyway. The existing sealant may work, but probably not a long term fix without butyl tape. Or, do I just go for a new assembly now? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 TiAg 330ci ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by KyleNYG44 View Post
    Thanks and appreciate all the input. I need to weigh out my options as I will need to replace the lens anyway. The existing sealant may work, but probably not a long term fix without butyl tape. Or, do I just go for a new assembly now? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You will have enough sealant. When the lens is off, you could heat up the glue and move the existing glue around in places where you think you may need more. There's more than enough. The problem that you will have is actually looking for new lenses. They don't sell them separately unless you find them used from someone like me that has a bunch of them lying around lol Buying new headlights would be the most expensive option. I like new headlights, looks so good.