Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K Dip

Hybrid View

4K Dip

Sorry I know it is a very old topic.... I updated my DME to the latest software and now after time I have the 4K dip. The car's DISA valve is the original. If I replace the DISA with the newer updated version what software can I use to clear the knock codes I have read about?
    1980 320i - Kashmir Metallic - Sold in 1993
    1985 535i - Cosmosblau Metallic - Sold in 1995
    1985 535i - 1985-06 - Delphin Metallic - Sold in 2016
    1983 320i - 1982-09 - Kashmir Metallic - Currently own!
    2004 ZHP - 2003-08 - Titanium Metallic - Currently own!

Try doing the DISA first and see if that helps. Some ppl report the dip coming back (clear adaptations?). I had a bad dip and studder that went away after leaving my DISA wires unhooked for a few days
    Good luck.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Try doing the DISA first and see if that helps. Some ppl report the dip coming back (clear adaptations?). I had a bad dip and studder that went away after leaving my DISA wires unhooked for a few days
    Good luck.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous
    Elcid, so you have the DISA connector unhooked permanently or you just did it for a couple of days and then attached them back??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by edwin.colo View Post
    Elcid, so you have the DISA connector unhooked permanently or you just did it for a couple of days and then attached them back??

Just for a few days. I was very pleasantly surprised that it fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Just for a few days. I was very pleasantly surprised that it fixed it.
    Awesome.... will definitely try that this week.

My dip/studder is intermittent and happens around 3k. My DISA is a year or two old.

I was thinking of disconnecting the battery for awhile and see if that helps. Might be something for you to try
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Thanks for the help. I have spent many hours researching this issue. There was a tremendous amount of information via this thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...MW-E46-330-ZHP

I am wondering what was the final solution? From what I have read the on the Internet the BMW fix for SIB 121705 keeps the DISA valve permanently open so buying the updated DISA valve doesn't really make sense. It also seems logical if I were to unplug the DISA valve it would remain open which would pop a code however no check engine light, basically providing the same BMW NA solution via the electrical connector instead of a software or EEPROM programming. Then coupling this change with clearing of the adaptation codes should ultimately provide the same solution "resolving" the 4k dip. Do you forum members agree?

Also I am wondering was there another fix besides sending off to BMW NA in NJ?

I had the 2800 O2 sensor stutter issue and after I updated to the latest software for my car's DME it resolved that issue. Since the software update also cleared the adaptation codes my car was OEM strong through the power band. Unfortunately after sometime now I am also plagued by this 4k dip and it is very noticeable. So I am looking to resolve this soon.

Thoughts? Any additional recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    1980 320i - Kashmir Metallic - Sold in 1993
    1985 535i - Cosmosblau Metallic - Sold in 1995
    1985 535i - 1985-06 - Delphin Metallic - Sold in 2016
    1983 320i - 1982-09 - Kashmir Metallic - Currently own!
    2004 ZHP - 2003-08 - Titanium Metallic - Currently own!

I have both the 3k stutter AND the 4k dip. I bought my car 4 years ago with 52k miles on it. After experiencing these symptoms and reading up on them, I immediately had the VANOS swapped out for a rebuilt Dr Vanos unit, and replaced the DISA valve with the "DISA Gold from GAS. Neither solved either problem. Later had a DME refresh by my indy mechanic, no change. Later did the Shark tune, better throttle response, but still have the stutter & dip. I've given up and just enjoy the car as is. Sure would like to get rid of them someday though.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I think mine might be related to my A/C. At least maybe the 3k part. Just by casual observations, It seems to happen with it on (maybe the AC clutch releasing?) but not off, or at least it is much more pronounced with the AC on. I typically only run AC on hot days.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

AC can rob the engine of a surprising amount of power.

Put some catless headers on it and that should help solve the problem :D

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast