Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K Dip

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Just for a few days. I was very pleasantly surprised that it fixed it.
    Awesome.... will definitely try that this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah Ill pull the plug on my DISA too. worth a shot. does it cause a check engine light?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I don't think it threw a code for the time I had it unplugged.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous

Still have it disconnected... have only driven it two days. Will plug back up tomorrow and will report back.

I haven't unplugged mine yet. every time I go to the car to go somewhere I have been in a rush or in work clothes or something. lol.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I have good news to report!

I met with a local dealership and we came to an agreement of 2 hours shop time to update the DME per SIB: 121705. I also made the agreement with them no troubleshooting would be performed nor clearing of adaptations. Basically I only wanted to pay for the software update. I got the car back today and cleared the dme adaptations. The car pulls strong throughout the powerband. If there is a dip remaining at 4k it isn't noticeable. I have seen threads where they have shown after the update the DINO does report a very small dip however it isn't noticeable to the driver.

The other really good news to report is they didn't have to send the DME to NA. They were able to perform the update localy by apparently a remote session with NA. So if you are thinking of getting this update you shouldn't have to wait but 1 day or less for your car.

In summary the car feels great and is performing as expected. I will update this thread after 30 and 60 days which should be more than enough time for learned adaptations.
    1980 320i - Kashmir Metallic - Sold in 1993
    1985 535i - Cosmosblau Metallic - Sold in 1995
    1985 535i - 1985-06 - Delphin Metallic - Sold in 2016
    1983 320i - 1982-09 - Kashmir Metallic - Currently own!
    2004 ZHP - 2003-08 - Titanium Metallic - Currently own!

I remember this car, was in the parking lot this morning when I got to work. I was tempted to post it on the ZHP spotted thread. Glad we were able to get it taken care of for you!

Tech at Leith btw

Well, I unplugged mine for about three days. It honestly seems better than before, but only time will tell really. Will keep an eye on it.
    Leith BMW in Raleigh? Kool, that's about 2-2.5 hours from were I'm at in eastern NC.

I just unplugged mine tonight after I got home from work. Will leave it alone for awhile.

Regarding that DME update. It was discovered that all it did was cause the DISA to be open all the same (same as unplugging it).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast