Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 4K Dip

i got my DME updated by a BMW only repair/tech facility (not a dealer) in Louisville with my first ZHP. fixed the issue straight off. i need to get this done on my current ZHP as I've already done a DISA/vanos rebuild.

i think more often than not, its a DME update that fixes this. but thats just my perspective from reading on here.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by jason89i View Post
    Dip is back after 10k miles. Ug.

I think you are correct to get permanent resolution. Time to take it in.
    My dip came back after a few months of driving after plugging the DISA back in. Honestly since the DME update only leaves the DISA open full time I am just going to unplug it next time I am under the hood and forget about it.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Does leaving it unplugged benefit the lower or upper RPM range?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    My dip came back after a few months of driving after plugging the DISA back in. Honestly since the DME update only leaves the DISA open full time I am just going to unplug it next time I am under the hood and forget about it.
    I just did that yesterday. Disconnect and forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Does leaving it unplugged benefit the lower or upper RPM range?
    Theoretically unplugging the DISA moves some torque away from the lower end but honestly I didn't notice a difference at all when I drove with it unplugged for an extended period of time. Just buttery smooth I6 power all the way up the range.

Made me wonder why BMW even bothered to have a DISA at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Yeah, sometimes good ol' displacement does the trick.

Theoretically unplugging the DISA moves some torque away from the lower end but honestly I didn't notice a difference at all when I drove with it unplugged for an extended period of time. Just buttery smooth I6 power all the way up the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Been driving with the DISA unplugged for about a month now. Couldn’t agree more with what’s said above.
    Have not noticed any decrease in low end torque but there is now a definite difference on the cars power along the entire range. It just goes up in RPM super smooth, no more dip. Leaving it unplugged for the forceable future.

I need to do this - 5 years with this stupid "4k dip" is more than long enough! Can someone post a pic of what needs to be unplugged and how to best get at it, if it's not easily accessed?

Also does this throw a CEL?

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    I need to do this - 5 years with this stupid "4k dip" is more than long enough! Can someone post a pic of what needs to be unplugged and how to best get at it, if it's not easily accessed?

Also does this throw a CEL?
    No cel
    Super easy to unplugged.

Interesting thread. Back when I first owned my car it had a pretty significant dip, so I had the dealership send the ECU out and do that fix. It helped a little, but it was still there.

I sold the car and the following was done: Dr. Vanos, GAS DISA, and a custom ECU tune (also perf muffler). The dip is completely gone in basically all circumstances. The only time I felt it a little was at 1/2 throttle, 4th gear pull one time. Not sure what the custom tune did or if it turned off the DISA altogether. All I know is it pulls beautifully, way better than when I sold it. It's weird -- I accelerate in first and second totally expecting it to be there because that's what I'm used to, so it's odd now that it's gone.
    - Marc

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast