Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Input on ZHPs?

Input on ZHPs?

Guys, what are your thoughts on the difference between 03 to 03.5? Is it big differences, or not really?

I might have the chance to get a ZHP in a trade with MiniD.

The car has 140k on it, not sure how I feel about that yet lol.

I told MiniD I would be asking some questions around here, just to get some input. I don't keep up on all the ZHP info as much as you guys since I have the e90. I know I could probably search a lot of this, but I am pretty busy this weekend before flying to Arizona for a month.

Any thoughts you guys have on picking up a 03 140k mile zhp are welcome.
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Depends on what you're trading, of course, and most importantly, what the service history of those 140k is. I'm not too sure about the differences in the ZHP from 03 and 03.5, but more info on the actual trade would be good to know. Would you be getting rid of the E90?
    - Marc

No, trading the e36 M3. The idea is Katie could drive the zhp. We could sell the gas guzzling jeep.

Coupe or sedan.

How much does she drive/year?
    - Marc

Sedan, it's MiniD on here, first one in project section.

Right now Katie doesn't drive much at all. She is in between jobs.

It's a very late 03' production. Not an early fwiw.
    E92 335i M-Sport
    997 S

Do you use your Jeep for the dogs? If so, how are you going to transport them once the Jeep is gone?
    IMO, the mileage isn't a huge deal as long as the maintenance has been done.

On a side note, Kyle and I are contemplating the same kinda stuff. Keep or sell the Tacoma for an M3 or e39 M5, or Sell Lucy for one of these or do a motor swap. We're coming to realization road tripping to the BMW meets is going to become a bigger part of our life and we want to take a BMW to the BMW meets. Lucy's seats are just not comfortable and she's got 200k miles. I'm not worried about the miles, but I want more power and we can't afford to pick up a 4th vehicle right now. So we're starting to way out our options too. Sorry for the OT.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Do you use your Jeep for the dogs? If so, how are you going to transport them once the Jeep is gone?
    IMO, the mileage isn't a huge deal as long as the maintenance has been done.

On a side note, Kyle and I are contemplating the same kinda stuff. Keep or sell the Tacoma for an M3 or e39 M5, or Sell Lucy for one of these or do a motor swap. We're coming to realization road tripping to the BMW meets is going to become a bigger part of our life and we want to take a BMW to the BMW meets. Lucy's seats are just not comfortable and she's got 200k miles. I'm not worried about the miles, but I want more power and we can't afford to pick up a 4th vehicle right now. So we're starting to way out our options too. Sorry for the OT.
    I know what you mean Ryan, we have been back and fourth about this because if we get rid of the jeep, what do we do with the dogs. In the end though the goal is to go to a better mpg car for Katie. We have the back seat cover for the dogs and eventually want to get another truck.

I'm not so much concerned about the vehicle situation, I'm trying to balance the wedding and keeping cars we are into. My bigger concern is 140k miles.

My car has 197K. I bought it with 100k. Most of my maintenance was performed after 130k miles. Mostly the cooling system, vanos, and everything rubber in the engine bay and suspension. Depending on what MiniD has done (I didn't reread his thread to remind myself) those are the maintenance items you're going to have to worry about. Lucy's not a ZHP, but from my experiences on the forums, the maintenance issues on all e46s are pretty similar.

Also Katie's gonna have to learn to drive a manual!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast