Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can anyone recommend a "half cover" for a convertible?

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a half cover for my 2005 ZHP convertible. A lot of times I go somewhere where I am comfortable leaving it parked for an hour or two with the top down, but I would love to have some kind of lightweight cover that covers the windshield and cockpit, maybe even hooks onto the side mirrors. I would prefer soft cloth to a PVC tarp-type material. Water resistantcy would be nice, but I would expect to come close the top if it really started raining. I just want this half cover to keep the sun off the seats, maybe keep strange hands/eyes out of my interior, etc. I have searched this forum, and others, but nothing jumps out at me.

Has anyone bought one, made one or otherwise come across this?

Here is an ebay link of something close...I am not wild about color, straps that hook onto wheel wells, and am unsure about the feel of the fabric, etc.

Thanks

http://r.ebay.com/XqKLDK

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot05 View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to figure out a half cover for my 2005 ZHP convertible. A lot of times I go somewhere where I am comfortable leaving it parked for an hour or two with the top down, but I would love to have some kind of lightweight cover that covers the windshield and cockpit, maybe even hooks onto the side mirrors. I would prefer soft cloth to a PVC tarp-type material. Water resistantcy would be nice, but I would expect to come close the top if it really started raining. I just want this half cover to keep the sun off the seats, maybe keep strange hands/eyes out of my interior, etc. I have searched this forum, and others, but nothing jumps out at me.

Has anyone bought one, made one or otherwise come across this?

Here is an ebay link of something close...I am not wild about color, straps that hook onto wheel wells, and am unsure about the feel of the fabric, etc.

Thanks

http://r.ebay.com/XqKLDK
    https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-33...over/ES194686/

Will this work for you.

I think that is going to work great. Using the part number I did find an e46 thread on it, including a slick video on how to install it. I am buying one. Thanks for the lead...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=932020

Welcome. Just read that thread, time for me to order one too.

I have one, but on my phone can't tell if it's the ecs one or not. Sounds like you found what you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Name:  99tonneau.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  192.5 KB

I don't know if anyone makes it for the e46, but for the Miatas you could get a cockpit tonneau cover like this. I really liked this, as it also was great for extending the driving season... and with air it would make it more comfortable on hot days, too.
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Rando

Dug up this old thread after I came across a thread over on E46fanatics from 2012 where you talk about your convertible interior cover PN 82110027059 https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...-cover.932020/

That's the 1st time I've heard of this cover... back then, you seemed to really like it. What are your thoughts 8 years later? Still a good purchase? Because I'm really interested, even if it's just to keep the dust out of the car when it's parked in my garage!

Any one else use this? Does it take up much room in the trunk in it's bag?
    Pete

Funny, I had not used it much and found it during 'covid cleaning', and started using it again. It does take a few steps so putting the top up is easier, but this is a 'top preservation' thing so I am using it fully now. But, my car is garaged so I don't know how it does w things like overnight dew. But, great for daytime for sure. It's lightweight so it won't take up a ton of room in your trunk but you do lose a 'gym bag' type space in your trunk, which is not an issue but not insigificant when your vert-trunk bar is also down and taking up space. Overall I am glad I have it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Funny, I had not used it much and found it during 'covid cleaning', and started using it again. It does take a few steps so putting the top up is easier, but this is a 'top preservation' thing so I am using it fully now. But, my car is garaged so I don't know how it does w things like overnight dew. But, great for daytime for sure. It's lightweight so it won't take up a ton of room in your trunk but you do loose a 'gym bag' type space in your trunk, which is not sn issue but not insigificant when your vert-trunk bar is also down and taking up space. Overall I am glad I have it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    too funny, but glad you still like it. I just ordered one!
    Pete

Rando - "ordered" was the key word here. The dealer called me today and said they couldn't locate any..... and most other sites list it as back ordered. Bummer
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast