Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does this Alignment look right?

Took my wife's '04 330i in for an alignment at a BMW specialty shop. Below are the before and after settings. Do they look right? I was a bit worried with BMW X3 E83 in the header. Apologies if this doesn't display correctly, it looks all screwy on my phone. Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  1.32 MB

Is the pin on the drivers upper shock mount knocked out? Good difference in negative camber between left and right side

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I noticed that as well. Both sides still have their pins. Also noticed this screw in the drivers' side shock tower. Think it was straightened out at some point. What are the factory alignment settings on ZHPs?

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 340
Size:  1.66 MB

Name:  IMG_5202.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  199.4 KB

Got it done at the dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Thanks, that's helpful.

Yeah.... They could have done better on front camber by removing pins.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by 89fiveo View Post
    Took my wife's '04 330i in for an alignment at a BMW specialty shop. Below are the before and after settings. Do they look right? I was a bit worried with BMW X3 E83 in the header.
    It does look like the guy keyed in the wrong car (X3) but the good news is it's not a bad alignment. This actually will be better on the street than the zhp specs. They did fix the imbalanced camber in the back. They did not touch the front cambers. The sheet confirms exactly what the intact pins show. If it's pulling to the right I'd take it back and have them punch the pins out and balance the front cambers. How does it drive?

Sorry, just checked in again. Car seems to drive fine, doesn't pull at all. I'll keep my eyes on tire wear, since I brought it in due to severe front inner wear. Once I throw some Koni Yellows up front to match the rear, I may have the dealership pop the pins and give it a proper alignment.

Has anyone heard of rear camber bolts breaking so shop is not able to adjust rear camber? Firestone wanted to replace my rear control arms for this, but is it just as simple as replacing the broken bolts and readjusting?

Autozone.com
    Typically the control arm can get bent from hitting a curb requiring it be replaced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast