Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone here Leatherique'd?

I'm told this stuff is the cat's pajamas, yet I've never seen a car that has been treated nor have I known someone personally that has used it. Anyone here vouch for it? I've read up on it, two step process, sounds pretty straight forward. Seems like a decent deal for the cleaner and rejuvinator oil, just would like to get some feedback from you guys. Could lead to a new DIY thread...
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

I've used it....works great! It changed my seats from almost looking and feeling like fake leather to the real thing. Here are some pics Jeff took of his. The pics speak for themselves.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8733184...26510334/show/

Can this stuff be used easily on a steering wheel? I have the coveted leather steering wheel but want to retain its excellent condition, so I was considering this for the wheel and the arm rest.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Can this stuff be used easily on a steering wheel? I have the coveted leather steering wheel but want to retain its excellent condition, so I was considering this for the wheel and the arm rest.
    Sure, just use a small sponge to keep it only where you want it. It looks like Jeff did his wheel.

I would never oil my steering wheel. Just seems like a bad idea.

Besides, I still have the alcantera wheel so oil would be a very bad idea!!!

Three pedal ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by SC4ME View Post

Doesn't excess oil get taken off? How would you care for a leather steering wheel?

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Actually....that leatherique should be fine....using all the steps that M0nk3y outlined. It should all soak in.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by SC4ME View Post

You've obviously never used it. It doesn't leave oil on anything. My seats were softer/grippier after treating. In other words they hold me in place better under hard cornering. Not oily at all after the 2nd step......the Pristine Clean.

From their website......(c&p...I'm not yelling )

PLEASE NOTE that there is NO OIL in the Rejuvinator Oil that name is from the 1960's when people EXPECTED an OIL for their Leather. Hence the name change to LEATHER REJUVINATOR.

From all I know it should be fine for steering wheels, but I want to protect my coveted leather wheel 100% from oil, perspiration, etc, and I know from experience, that even if one takes pretty good care of it, the leather WILL eventually fade and become white and brittle - Just ask my Tbird's leather wheel.

So the only way to protect it, is to eliminate touching it - drive with gloves on, OR get a decent steering wheel cover - that's what I did - of course make sure you clean AND DRY the wheel really well before putting it on. It makes the wheel a bit thicker and grippier, too, which i like, and while it may not be cosmetically 100% elegant, the feeling that I KNOW that my leather wheel remains in good shape makes me happy. If I was in a show-off situation I can always take the cover off easily. Not bad for $9 I think it looks pretty damn decent:
    (NOTE: the cover fits and sits perfectly and symmetrically on the wheel - the area at 8 or 9 o' clock looks a bit off because I accidentally rubbed against the cover and pushed it to the left - didn't notice it till i saw the pics)

Last edited by Washburn; 03-27-2011 at 07:33 AM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I think this is where I step in...

I've done it on my E46 and the E86. I love it. Very easy to use.

I've done it on my steering wheel, door panels, shift boot...everything leather..noting greasy or oily.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...rique-Write-Up

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast