Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gheybe Guest
    I vouch for their Dye.

It's outstanding stuff. Search and you'll find some more info here, as well as a place to buy it that doesn't soak you on shipping like a Leatherique direct purchase.

Pics of my results...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/8733184...7622626510334/
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

I have used it numerous times before, it works incredibly well!!

Kyle's pics show quite a bit of a difference it makes

Awesome info, pics and links guys, thanks a ton for the feedback. I'll be doing this in the coming months, DIY and/or pics to come. I'll probably stay away from the steering wheel though, but I'm sure my driver & passenger seats will appreciate the love.
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Another consumer of theirs here. Very happy with it. Though I am no detailing expert.

Looks like I'm going to be buying some Leatherique for my steering wheel and arm rest.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    From all I know it should be fine for steering wheels, but I want to protect my coveted leather wheel 100% from oil, perspiration, etc, and I know from experience, that even if one takes pretty good care of it, the leather WILL eventually fade and become white and brittle - Just ask my Tbird's leather wheel.

So the only way to protect it, is to eliminate touching it - drive with gloves on, OR get a decent steering wheel cover - that's what I did - of course make sure you clean AND DRY the wheel really well before putting it on. It makes the wheel a bit thicker and grippier, too, which i like, and while it may not be cosmetically 100% elegant, the feeling that I KNOW that my leather wheel remains in good shape makes me happy. If I was in a show-off situation I can always take the cover off easily. Not bad for $9 I think it looks pretty damn decent:
    (NOTE: the cover fits and sits perfectly and symmetrically on the wheel - the area at 8 or 9 o' clock looks a bit off because I accidentally rubbed against the cover and pushed it to the left - didn't notice it till i saw the pics)
    Which steering wheel cover is it and where did you get it?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Late to the party here....but just thought I would throw out there the Euro perforated cover from www.wheelskinz.com

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Johnrando: I just got a $9.00 Bell "inside black" cover from Walmart - it works fine for the purpose and looks hell of a lot better than $9 (Thanks to M54Dave for the tip)

Dane: if i should become dissatisfied with the cover at any point, Wheelskins EuroPerf will be my next go-to - it requires a lot of patience, and anything less than 100% fir would look ungainly, but I will give it a try if I notice any ill effects from the cover on my wheel.
    Last edited by Washburn; 03-28-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Late to the party here....but just thought I would throw out there the Euro perforated cover from www.wheelskinz.com

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Close up pic of your steering wheel cover Dane?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast