Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Any tips for novice AutoX/track drivers

Hello all,

So I have been wanting to get into doing AutoX for a while and I think now I am going to start going to a few events. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me as I have never done any sort of tracking in my ZHP, or any car for that matter. I have also been wanting to do a track day ago either Sebring or Daytona. What upgrades or precautions should I take before heading to the track? What are the best recommended upgrades to the car? Obviously I need to get some brake pads, brake lines and proper brake fluid, but looking for other info as well.

Thanks in advance!

Pic for attention

Name:  20160610_160824.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  2.83 MB
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

Bryant, my club (JAX SOLO / SCCA buccaneer region south) is running at FIRM/florida international rallymotorsports park near Starke FL this weekend. Saturday 9/10. event info is on motorsportreg.com. we will be using essentially the entire west circuit at FIRM, some cones will be placed to reduce speed and add a technical element, but it will give you an idea of what running the road course would be like. If you can make it you would be welcome to take some rides with me, check out the setup on my IR.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Bryant, my club (JAX SOLO / SCCA buccaneer region south) is running at FIRM/florida international rallymotorsports park near Starke FL this weekend. Saturday 9/10. event info is on motorsportreg.com. we will be using essentially the entire west circuit at FIRM, some cones will be placed to reduce speed and add a technical element, but it will give you an idea of what running the road course would be like. If you can make it you would be welcome to take some rides with me, check out the setup on my IR.
    I won't be able to make it this weekend, but I'm definitely interested in going to the FIRM. I think that would be a good place to start. I will definitely check them out, but let me know the next time you head out there
    --Bryant

2004 330i ZHP Imola | 6MT | /// Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel | Khoalty Angel Eyes | eBay Headers | Euro RCR Light Package | Vibrant Performance Custom Exhaust

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I would say definitely ride with an instructor as much as possible your first few times. Once that first cone goes past your tires...politics and all that shit...just goes right out the window...so does any memory of the course layout. Otherwise, just have fun and enjoy the car.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread