Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Took the car into the local german repair shop today for a "safety inspection". A second set of eyes is always good when you buy a higher mileage car.

I was under the belief that since my car tracks grooves on the road there must be bushings out. In case they were going to gloss over issues I was aware of I mentioned this to them and asked that they put added attention to this part of the inspection. Well, they say there's not a single bushing or ball joint showing wear. I'm skeptical and will be looking at it again soon. They seem to think that the Michelin Pilots are tracking grooves.

They found 0 leaks, all fluids clean and topped off. All good exceptnbrakes are at 15% front and 20% rear. That's a job I'd prefer to do on my own though. They quoted me $520 for F and R parts, labor and tax. Good to know but I ordered new pads and brake sensors from Pep Boys. Should be here tomorrow. Total cost $208 for Akebono pads since they have a 30% discount for online orders right now.

Those pilot ss will do that.

Glad to hear it passed

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

It could be just the nature of the car. Maybe check alignment? I think that helped out in my case.

Our cars definitely can track on grooves, especially depending on alignment. Both mine and my sister's car sport new suspension components (less than 5k miles on each) and have 245/40R17 square tire setups (different tire brands though).

I have found my Pilot SS tramline as well. Stiff sidewall and all that jazz.

Welcome!

Glad to hear your experiences. The car handles incredible with them so probably a small price to pay. More importantly it gives me some confidence I can move on to other issues like driving! I live 20 minutes from highway 2 and looking forward to a drive before long.

My 05 sedan tracked in grooves as well, I didn't have SS tires but worn out tires, I think the tracking is generally due to worn out tires across the board and not a specific brand. My car would pull HARD on grooves, made me seriously believe some mechanical issue was afoot but after new continental tires it handled insanely better
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Welcome

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Maintenance update

In August all rotors and pads replaced. I used Akebono pads and have been very impressed with the lack of brake dust. Stopping power under normal street conditions is great. I can tell they are not as strong as with the pads it did have but completely unimportant for the conditions I drive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast