Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tire weight

Tire weight

So......I was comparing 2 tires over at Tirerack. Both are all season's. The Yoko has a UTQG of 560, while the Hankook is 420.

1. Yokohama AVID ENVigor

and

Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105

After reviewing the tires side by side at Tirerack, using their compare function, the Yoko, is a better tire.......

But......

The Yoko wieghs 26lbs and the Hankook weighs 23lbs? What gives here? You guys think this is accurate?

Additionally, it is interesting that the tread width is 0.4" wider on the Yoko......

EDIT: I added a third tire to the mix.....just for the heck of it. It (Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum - 24lbs) has the highest UTQG by far...and is most recommended and is pretty affordable.

If I replaced all four tires with the Yoko...do you think I would notice the 12lbs of additionally weight? DD only with occasional spirited driving.

I never knew that tire weight varied so greatly.
    Last edited by danewilson77; 03-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Bad links. They kill them for privacy reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Bad links. They kill them for privacy reasons.
    Thanks....edited.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Here...this should work...Khumo - Yoko - Hankook...left to right.

More un-sprung weight will definitely affect acceleration, whether or not your butt dyno notices a difference is all up to you. For reference, my winter setup weighs in at about 19.8lbs per rim and the car is definitely quicker (coming from the OEM 135's). Tires on the winter setup weigh in at 22lbs a piece. I'm not sure of the tire weight on the 18's, I can't seem to find anything on the tires (Nankang Sport Ns-II's).

OT - Dane, you have to get out of Internet Explorer 6. It's complete garbage. You need some Google Chrome Lovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
    OT - Dane, you have to get out of Internet Explorer 6. It's complete garbage. You need some Google Chrome Lovin'.
    Funny, I noticed that right away too.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Funny, I noticed that right away too.
    Get out of here with Windows XP

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Funny...I use firefox.....but sadly at the library (where I work) its not available.

Droid! Srs Legitness!

XP isn't all that bad, especially XP Pro. Now if it's Vista...

Thankfully, I went right from XP Pro to 7.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
    FYI, thai is IE7.

Sent from my DROIDX
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast