Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thoughts on new tires for my M3

Ok so the M3 is in need of some new shoes soon. Maybe even before I leave for AZ.

I have gotten about 9k out of my RE-11s and figure they have about 3-4k left before I'm in the red on the tire gauge. The drive out will eat up half of that.

So seeing as I'm going to be in dry climate I'm wondering if I should go with a summer like a Conti DW or PSS all year round or possibly the new Conti DWS06.

It would be cool to run an all season that can handle snow as I'm sure I'll want to road trip out to places for snowboarding now that I'm out West. However the wife's GLK350 can also handle that if needed.

Anyone have an opinion on either set up for AZ climate?

Thanks

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Thoughts on new tires for my M3

I've had dws06 for about a year now and I have put on about 25k miles on them... the fronts are not even half worn but the rears are worn more than 50%... I have used these tires in the snow and they are descent upto to an inch or two of snow... before these I had 8 year old General summer tires that the previous owner installed and I was a little disappointed that the dws 06 are nowhere near performance of the generals in dry conditions... it's not a fair comparison as I am comparing summer tires against all seasons but I didn't expect the gap to be so big especially since the the general tires were so old and not really reputed... the car does understeer a lot with the dws06 especially under spirited driving...

If you are looks for longevity and good all weather performance the dws06 are pretty good, but wouldn't recommend them if you are looking for dry weather performance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

All seasons are next to useless when it comes to snow traction on a high performance car such as the M3. I recommend taking another car if you're gonna go to snowy places and won't have a set of dedicated winter tires to use.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on either set up for AZ climate?
    Where in AZ? The climate varies a bit... say between Tucson and Flag and parts in between (Prescott, Jerome or out by the res) FWIW, the deepest snow I had ever driven in was in Peach Springs, AZ and there is a picture on this very forum of my rally car on a trailer in the snow, just before taking certain "liberties" on frozen roads in my friend's housing development.

But I digress...

When I lived in LV, NV, I only wore summer meats on my cars. I saw no need to swap over for the one day a year where it got slippery from snow. And, I detest all season (a/k/a No Season) tires.

Nothing wrong with a pre-ski trip swap to proper snows if you are heading to the white stuff.

Thanks guys, kinda confirmed what I had already known.

I'll be in Phoenix but myself as well as my best friend out there are active guys and I know I'll want to get up to flagstaff when possible this winter, if not try to make it up into Utah or Colorado.

I'm selling off my winters for now, so I guess I just figured I would do A/S tires, especially for the extended tread life they offer. Might be stupid of me to do seeing as even if I drove in light snow for 10 days out of the year, I'm sacrificing the other 355.

Kinda silly to have dedicated snows for that purpose but maybe I'll just see how this winter goes and let my buddy drive, then decide how to play it next year.

I also remeasured the tread on my re-11s and I guess I was measuring the outer edges instead of the middle so after rotation I should be able to get a good 5-7k on them so nothing is immediate. Maybe I'll try to sell em when I get to Phx because Tire Rack has some nice clearance pricing on Conti DW summers it looks like.

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth

Moving to Phoenix? Cool. Hit me up when you get out here, would love to meet up. And I'm more than happy to help you get settled in any way I can. I've been here 12 years now, and LOVE LOVE LOVE Arizona. I'm here for the duration. I'm on the east side in Chandler.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Awesome buddy thanks! I'll be working in Chandler. You'll have to recommend some good shops for me

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth

Intel?

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    Intel?
    Intel for you Kevin?

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Intel for you Kevin?
    Negative. Not even employed at the moment.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast