Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi from Santa Barbara - 2005 Titanium Silver 330Ci ZHP

Hi guys. Wanted to introduce myself.

I'm originally from Europe but past 3 years I've been living and working in beautiful Santa Barbara in California.

Been a long time BMW enthusiast. I own a 2002 e39 530i Sport for quite a while now. Currently 140k on the clock and still runs awesome.

In the past I had few e38s, 2001 740i Titan Silver Sport, 2001 740iL Jet Black and 2000 740iL Alpine White for whom I still regret for selling it.

Anyways this is my e39 in Toledo Blue Color where I've done many things to keep it running.

Recently I bought 05 330Ci ZHP. Kinda rushed into buying it but I always wanted one. Unfortunately tranny is auto, but it has 117k on the clock and I got it from the original owner with 2 keys and books. Though didn't get all the records I did managed to trace all history and it was serviced at Bob Smith BMW while still under the warranty and after that in BMW Clinic in Reseda. Trying to get my hands on hard copies currently.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the car. Needs some things to get it in the condition that I can live with.

These are the pics that I have for right now.

It has a gray leather interior which is in pretty good shape. Leather still looks great and soft to the touch.

It had an airbag recall so right now it's with the dealership where they are replacing them. Should pick it up later today.

Some plans are to repaint the front bumper since it has scratches which I can't stand. After that I'm gonna polish and protect the whole car.
    Over the weekend I'm going to do the Vanos because why not. Also replace oil and all filters.

Already replaced front sway bar links and the rest of the suspension looks and feels good. Bushings were replaced by previous owner and everything else is intact, all the ball joints still good.

Got the new floor mats and still not sure what to do with the steering wheel. Probably going to get it rewrapped at Coby's.

That's it for now.

Welcome! Replace the cooling system as well if it's not been already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Sreten, welcome.

S7 Edge, out
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks guys.

I think there might be something done to the cooling system in past. I'll have to check.

I would probably do everything at once but not sure how much I want to go in it because I'm probably going to end up selling the car soon.
    It was supposed to be our second car but girlfriend is not the fan of the car and she will be going back to Europe soon and I'm way too deep in my e39 to even consider selling that.

I'm not sure yet. I already ordered a bunch of stuff for the car and going to be playing with it over the weekend just don't want to lose too much over this project.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome ! There's nothing wrong with AT. That was my preference while looking for my ZHP. A good one showed FS locally, MT, and I bought it.

Thanks. Yeah, of course nothing wrong with AT, just my e39 is also auto and would love if this one was a manual. I miss having a manual car, but oh well.

Got it back from dealership. Airbag light is still on due to passenger head airbag. Have to start troubleshooting that.
    And they confirmed what I already knew that it has an oil leak. Not sure yet from where. It is wet on the front of the engine so I'm suspecting oil filter housing, but then again it's wet in the back part of the engine as well. It's also wet around Vanos oil line.

Tires and breaks are good. Rear tires are brand new.

Now I'm thinking that I should've start on resolving the oil leak first and leave Vanos for later...

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Welcome!
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, of course nothing wrong with AT, just my e39 is also auto and would love if this one was a manual. I miss having a manual car, but oh well.

Now I'm thinking that I should've start on resolving the oil leak first and leave Vanos for later...
    Welcome! I spent time in Santa Barbara as a youth..Some of the best years of my life...Santa Barbara is one of those place where you don't know how good you have it until you leave....

I just did my valve cover gasket an Vanos seals in the same job...they go well together as a combined job. .oil leak from the rear could likely be valve cover. gasket. dive in man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast