Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

ZHP as a future classic

I've become fascinated with the concept of old, forgotten cars achieving classic status. I just get a kick out of hearing people talk about their cars and why they prefer them to more modern vehicles. Part of this is because I feel like cars can be somewhat of an investment but I also have to blame the youtube channel petrolicous (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgy...95X1ut3E9K99KA) which features classic cars from around the world and interviews with their owners. Their video production is amazing and the stories are interesting. I can't help but laugh at the extent some of these enthusiast go to for their cars.

I find that modern cars are getting too big and too complicated, and with turbos becoming standard across all makes, NA motors are sure to get an increase in demand among enthusiasts. I find that the ZHP is the right size for a sports sedan and the engine is fantastic. The moment I test drove my ZHP, all the things I've heard about the E46 sedan became apparent and I had to have it.

With that being said, do you think the ZHP will achieve classic status in the distant future?

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

i'm not sure about 'classic', although the design is certainly timeless, at least so far.

i think they are a bargain for what they offer as a reliable, comfortable, sporty, daily driver. for me, they offer everything i could want or need in a car (although if it was a Touring, it would be even moreso ).

i do think about moving up to an E90 M3 often, but i am still very content with what i have now. and while it doesn't feel like a stock ZHP anymore - it feels how i want it to feel (basically like a stock ZHP turned up to 11 in every aspect ).
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

My previous car was a Porsche 968 so I have some sympathy with this line of thought. Somehow I have the feeling that BringATrailer will turn out to be as good an indicator of pending 'collectible' status as any.

Anyone concerned about classic or collectible status with these cars should not do what I did in the months after purchase: modify everything to personal taste.

Non, je ne regrette rien.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I've become fascinated with the concept of old, forgotten cars achieving classic status. I just get a kick out of hearing people talk about their cars and why they prefer them to more modern vehicles. Part of this is because I feel like cars can be somewhat of an investment but I also have to blame the youtube channel petrolicous (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgy...95X1ut3E9K99KA) which features classic cars from around the world and interviews with their owners. Their video production is amazing and the stories are interesting. I can't help but laugh at the extent some of these enthusiast go to for their cars.

I find that modern cars are getting too big and too complicated, and with turbos becoming standard across all makes, NA motors are sure to get an increase in demand among enthusiasts. I find that the ZHP is the right size for a sports sedan and the engine is fantastic. The moment I test drove my ZHP, all the things I've heard about the E46 sedan became apparent and I had to have it.

With that being said, do you think the ZHP will achieve classic status in the distant future?
    After going along with a friend of mine and test driving a 1989 325is and with him subsequently buying it...I have to say they'll definitely be in that category 10-15 years from now. Not so much "classics" as much as just REALLY well respected vehicles within the automotive enthusiast world (I mean, they already are, but I'm saying to an even higher degree - my car buddies might as well have thought my friend bought a brand new Ferrari we were so excited for this E30).

The "last of the analog" BMWs when everyone is requesting rides and being driven around autonomously. There will be the 6-speed ZHP, a car with looks to kill and a drive train you have to be a part of.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Somehow I have the feeling that BringATrailer will turn out to be as good an indicator of pending 'collectible' status as any.
    Lazlo isn't allowed on that domain any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    My previous car was a Porsche 968 so I have some sympathy with this line of thought. Somehow I have the feeling that BringATrailer will turn out to be as good an indicator of pending 'collectible' status as any.

Anyone concerned about classic or collectible status with these cars should not do what I did in the months after purchase: modify everything to personal taste.

Non, je ne regrette rien.
    Nice definitely have a 993 on my bucket list as I watch the prices go higher and higher...

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post

The "last of the analog" BMWs when everyone is requesting rides and being driven around autonomously. There will be the 6-speed ZHP, a car with looks to kill and a drive train you have to be a part of.
    I agree 100%! I have to work on getting a 6 speed swap though, there is no room for old automatics in the future of classics but I will say Im impressed by how smooth and surprisingly quick shifting the auto in my ZHP is

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

I agree with what's been said so far. Probably not destined to be a collector classic, but will always be highly sought after. In my case, I felt it was cheaper to buy, operate, maintain and insure than an M3 while still being a fantastic car that has great road manners and can still drive spiritedly. So I bought one, and 7K miles and 1 yr later, I absolutely love the car!
    Ron ///Man

'06 ZHP Coupe 6sp Sparkling Graphite
    '02 330ci SE46 Racer
    '03 330ci Endurance Racer