Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New member from Washington State

Hi guys,

I'm Trevor. I purchased my first ZHP a few months ago with 155k miles on it. It is an 04 330i with BC coilovers, CF CSL trunk, LED tail lights, M3 wheel, and Hamann Wheels. I have been trolling through the forum for a while and finally got around to becoming a member. I am very mechanical and am familiar with BMWs. Since owning my ZHP I have replaced every component in the cooling system, a rebuilt VANOS unit, valve cover gasket, intake manifold gaskets, spark plugs, engine oil, CCV valve + all related vacuum components, DISA valve, all window regulators, fog lights, windshield, sunroof, ambient temp sensor, trunk interior, rear spring pads, and some miscellaneous interior trim. Majority of my parts are purchased from ECStuning, BimmerWorld, BavAuto, and the stealership (on rare occasions).

My first month of ownership was fine, but slowly things started to fall apart and I have just been dumping money into parts to bring the car back into good condition ever since. The previous owner repainted the car and replaced some of the cooling components. However, after I started tearing into it I found that he had replaced the cooling components with low quality ones and the wrong coolant. I also suspect he didn't know what he was doing completely because there were various components that weren't assembled back together correctly after the paint job was done. I found pieces missing or broken in various places (mainly on the interior). Seemed like someone was in a hurry to re-assemble it. When I purchased the car it was ridiculously low. So when I went to adjust the suspension I found that the coilovers and rear springs pre-load had been set incorrectly and the rear springs were missing the spring pads. The reason the car was so low was because the spring mounts had been adjusted really low to drop the height instead of using the height adjustment on the struts. As soon as I lifted the car up the rear springs fell out. So I had to go through and adjust the whole suspension properly.

Needless to say. I have become very knowledgeable about the car in a very short period of time. However, I love the car and wouldn't get rid of it despite all of the issues I've had. I am still not done trying to bring the car up good condition. I have a full pulley and belt kit on the way because they are starting to make noise. I also would like to convert the mechanical fan over to electric. A transmission filter/flush and differential flush is on the list as well. After that I need to replace the headlights, markers, and brake lights because they are also in sad shape. The interior is not in great shape either and needs some work so that is also on my list too. If anyone can offer some help in these areas I would greatly appreciate it as I have already been bleeding money in parts.

Below is a picture of the car when I purchased it. My overall plan for the car is to do a M3 swap into it with the SMG tranny. I will begin looking for a donor car at the beginning of the new year. I have also been dabbling in coding to get ready for the swap.
    [/URL]

Anyways, I have puked enough words onto the screen now. I'm glad to be here and look forward to conversing and collaborating with everyone here.
    Last edited by ZHPbeast; 11-01-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Welcome! Looks like you have done a lot of work... looking forward to the s54 swap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Welcome! The cheapest source for the BEHR puller electric fan seems to be this:

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200..._assembly.html

I have been wanting to do this mod too...maybe next year.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Welcome! Sounds like you had to get your hands dirty with the car, but that's what can make it special.

Congrats and welcome.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

welcome.... from a kindred, mechanical, make-it-right, do-it-yourself spirit! you'll find some good, like-minded folks here. nice work on getting it sorted out, and resolving previous owners' mishaps! it's a shame when you find something not done correctly (or just not done well), but there is joy in making it right!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Trevor, welcome.

Sent by the Pixel XL
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    welcome.... from a kindred, mechanical, make-it-right, do-it-yourself spirit! you'll find some good, like-minded folks here. nice work on getting it sorted out, and resolving previous owners' mishaps! it's a shame when you find something not done correctly (or just not done well), but there is joy in making it right!
    Thanks Slater. I do find joy in making it right, but the pocket book and wife don't quite share the same feelings. lol

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Welcome! The cheapest source for the BEHR puller electric fan seems to be this:

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200..._assembly.html

I have been wanting to do this mod too...maybe next year.
    Thanks anandoc. This is a great deal on the fan. I just might have to do this pretty soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast