Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Shipping - Enclosed Carriers - Mafia Featured Affiliate

1. 2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    My pleasure .This is my first forum. It will take me some time to get the full swing of things how to reply and post

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    That's awesome, no doubt you are high end.
    Not all Ultra Exotic.
    Some old classics like My Old.
    Ss.Impala wagon.

Welcome, Steve!

Steve helped get my ZHP to me in Utah from its previous owner in Louisiana.

We had a slight communication hiccup where I thought the car was coming enclosed when it actually came open, but it was because my car was in "BFE". It could have taken weeks to find a truck given where the car was (relative to typical shipping routes), but Steve found a "hot shot" to pick it up and bring it through Utah with a Ford Raptor on its way to Shelby in Vegas. It was either that, or who knows how long it could have taken. If you're in a big city, and the car is going to a big city, it's not an issue.

Anyway, I caught a short commuter flight to Cedar City, UT, met the driver, and brought my car home. Overall, it was a very good experience. Steve gave me confidence right from the beginning that he'd be able to get the job done. That was great because the previous two companies I'd spoken with left me with no confidence at all, and I was considering flying and taking three days out of my schedule to go get the car myself. In the end, Steve "got 'er done".

Two thumbs-up for Steve at Image Auto Group.

Cheers,
    SC

Name:  IMG_9993.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  425.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9997.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  455.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Wasatch Chapter #504522
    Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2007 BMW X3 Alpine White

How was the price compared to other service providers? I had my car shipped from Santa Monica, CA to central Texas, open trailer, cost me around $1k and had me waited for 20 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    Welcome, Steve!

Steve helped get my ZHP to me in Utah from its previous owner in Louisiana.

We had a slight communication hiccup where I thought the car was coming enclosed when it actually came open, but it was because my car was in "BFE". It could have taken weeks to find a truck given where the car was (relative to typical shipping routes), but Steve found a "hot shot" to pick it up and bring it through Utah with a Ford Raptor on its way to Shelby in Vegas. It was either that, or who knows how long it could have taken. If you're in a big city, and the car is going to a big city, it's not an issue.

Anyway, I caught a short commuter flight to Cedar City, UT, met the driver, and brought my car home. Overall, it was a very good experience. Steve gave me confidence right from the beginning that he'd be able to get the job done. That was great because the previous two companies I'd spoken with left me with no confidence at all, and I was considering flying and taking three days out of my schedule to go get the car myself. In the end, Steve "got 'er done".

Two thumbs-up for Steve at Image Auto Group.

Cheers,
    SC
    Last edited by GreatFrog; 11-23-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatFrog View Post
    How was the price compared to other service providers? I had my car shipped from Saint Monica, CA to central Texas, open trailer, cost me around $1k and had me waited for 20 days.
    My move was $1500, plus a short commuter flight to go pick up the car from the driver on his route a couple hours from home. I was looking at around a grand from a couple of other providers, bad with no communication and little to no confidence it was ever going to happen. Steve communicated and gave my confidence. That was worth a little extra money to me.

Both of our trips were around 1500 miles, but I think my pricing was a little inflated because A) the car was in the middle of nowhere and B) because I didn't want to wait 20 days. I think I essentially paid closed pricing for typical routes, but the extra money instead went to getting a hotshot to go well out of the way to pick up my car because it wasn't near a typical east-west route.

If I would have been better-educated on this stuff before I bought the car, I would have negotiated the price down a little. I got excited to grab what I thought was a pretty pristine low-mileage car that could be purchased out from under me at any second. The reality is since the car was in the middle of nowhere, it probably wasn't going to sell anytime soon, and it wasn't quite as neat and clean as I figured it was based on the mileage. Live and learn.

I am glad I didn't fly to go pick up the car and drive it home because the car really wasn't in the condition to take a long cross-country trip. The tires in particular were a hot mess.

Next time I'll understand the whole process better and make better more informed decisions.

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Wasatch Chapter #504522
    Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2007 BMW X3 Alpine White

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    My move was $1500, plus a short commuter flight to go pick up the car from the driver on his route a couple hours from home. I was looking at around a grand from a couple of other providers, bad with no communication and little to no confidence it was ever going to happen. Steve communicated and gave my confidence. That was worth a little extra money to me.

Both of our trips were around 1500 miles, but I think my pricing was a little inflated because A) the car was in the middle of nowhere and B) because I didn't want to wait 20 days. I think I essentially paid closed pricing for typical routes, but the extra money instead went to getting a hotshot to go well out of the way to pick up my car because it wasn't near a typical east-west route.

If I would have been better-educated on this stuff before I bought the car, I would have negotiated the price down a little. I got excited to grab what I thought was a pretty pristine low-mileage car that could be purchased out from under me at any second. The reality is since the car was in the middle of nowhere, it probably wasn't going to sell anytime soon, and it wasn't quite as neat and clean as I figured it was based on the mileage. Live and learn.

I am glad I didn't fly to go pick up the car and drive it home because the car really wasn't in the condition to take a long cross-country trip. The tires in particular were a hot mess.

Next time I'll understand the whole process better and make better more informed decisions.

SC
    I think that's pretty reasonable for enclosed, that's got to be a good % more than open.

My M3 was shipped from OH to WA open transport for $1300. It arrived in terrible condition - a ton of dirt/mud, and some other liquid of some kind splattered all over the read end. After that experience and the major detailing work I had to do in order to get it to my standards, I would heavily consider closed transport next time, depending on how far it's being shipped? My X5 was shipped from CA to WA and arrived a little dirty, but nothing like my M3. I shoulda spent the extra $...

Jeff
    E90 M3
    E70 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Quote Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
    I think that's pretty reasonable for enclosed, that's got to be a good % more than open.

My M3 was shipped from OH to WA open transport for $1300. It arrived in terrible condition - a ton of dirt/mud, and some other liquid of some kind splattered all over the read end. After that experience and the major detailing work I had to do in order to get it to my standards, I would heavily consider closed transport next time, depending on how far it's being shipped? My X5 was shipped from CA to WA and arrived a little dirty, but nothing like my M3. I shoulda spent the extra $...
    My car arrived in fairly good condition, although it was on an open trailer. I guess weather plays a big role in open trailer transportation. My intention was to drive it back home, but I caught a cold the night before flying in to pick her up, uhh...., and my wife did a great job convincing me not to drive it home. Were all you guys' transportation for initial purchase only? I mean, having a low mileage car, I really feel guilty about putting thousands of miles on her, just to get her to a scenic winding road and enjoy the one or two hundred miles of drive. Or maybe it is just a problem for me trapped in central Texas, i.e., middle of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by GreatFrog View Post
    My car arrived in fairly good condition, although it was on an open trailer. I guess weather plays a big role in open trailer transportation. My intention was to drive it back home, but I caught a cold the night before flying in to pick her up, uhh...., and my wife did a great job convincing me not to drive it home. Were all you guys' transportation for initial purchase only? I mean, having a low mileage car, I really feel guilty about putting thousands of miles on her, just to get her to a scenic winding road and enjoy the one or two hundred miles of drive. Or maybe it is just a problem for me trapped in central Texas, i.e., middle of nowhere
    For me, there was no way I was gonna drive from OH to WA. Road trips are fun and all, but traveling alone all those miles, I'd just be wanting to get home ASAP.

I thought of driving my X5 from Sacramento to Seattle, that's about 12 hours or so. But shipping was so cheap I decided to just have it delivered.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    E70 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

9. Thank you for the kind words ecrabb. What a adventure. Always at your service .

Pm'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Call me Seth
    Missing Chicago | Left my heart in Madison
    CURRENT: '17 Acura ILX "Fancy Civic" daily driver
    RETIRED: '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM" | '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast