Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Koni Yellows Installed and DISA rebuild

FWIW just did Koni Yellows install at about 55K with stock springs set at 3/4 from soft. Updated mounts etc. Net net very nice combo firm without being hard/bouncy. Good compliance but still very controlled when pushing the car (no comment to where or how fast). Good suggestion for those that don't want to go coilovers. Thanks to those before who figured this out.

Also had a slight hesitation under 4K (auto trans), that did used to be there no codes, did the rebuild figuring couldn't hurt - solved the issue car pulls better now that it has in a long time.

Upside is urge to replace with a Porsche is a less urgent - downside is urge to replace with a Porsche is a less urgent. I really want a 991 911 cabrio.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    FWIW just did Koni Yellows install at about 55K with stock springs set at 3/4 from soft. Updated mounts etc. Net net very nice combo firm without being hard/bouncy. Good compliance but still very controlled when pushing the car (no comment to where or how fast). Good suggestion for those that don't want to go coilovers. Thanks to those before who figured this out.

Also had a slight hesitation under 4K (auto trans), that did used to be there no codes, did the rebuild figuring couldn't hurt - solved the issue car pulls better now that it has in a long time.

Upside is urge to replace with a Porsche is a less urgent - downside is urge to replace with a Porsche is a less urgent. I really want a 991 911 cabrio.
    • With regard to the Konis, very nice! It's the same setup I have (I did mine at ~51k miles, 3/4 turn from soft) and I am very pleased with it. As you said, it's firm but still compliant. Definitely rides better than before, IMO.
    • Which rebuild did you do, of the DISA? I assume you used the G.A.S. kit?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    • With regard to the Konis, very nice! It's the same setup I have (I did mine at ~51k miles, 3/4 turn from soft) and I am very pleased with it. As you said, it's firm but still compliant. Definitely rides better than before, IMO.
    • Which rebuild did you do, of the DISA? I assume you used the G.A.S. kit?
    Yes did the setup based on your post, could have maybe used 1/4 turn but it's too much effort to adjust the rears. Good starting point.

And of course the GAS kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars

I did half a turn from the softest, and it's working out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon D View Post
    Yes did the setup based on your post, could have maybe used 1/4 turn but it's too much effort to adjust the rears. Good starting point.

And of course the GAS kit

1/4 additional turn or 1/4 turn less? I put it at 3/4 turn assuming it would settle to about 1/2 turn from soft and I'd adjust it from there. It has settled but hasn't needed additional adjustment since the original installation for my daily needs.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I did half a turn from the softest, and it's working out pretty well.

Koni Yellows Installed and DISA rebuild

1/4 more.. there's a fine line for an everyday car between to stiff and not stiff enough for when you want it.

Edit - also my shocks were not leaking or showing any issues of damage but they were shot. So if you are still running factory shocks I would strongly consider replacement.

Last edited by Jon D; 11-05-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Other Cars

very cool. i love my bilstein PSS but i still want to try koni yellows with stock springs. i'd have to get top-adjustable rears though as i'd be adjusting them a lot over the first month or so.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    very cool. i love my bilstein PSS but i still want to try koni yellows with stock springs. i'd have to get top-adjustable rears though as i'd be adjusting them a lot over the first month or so.
    If you're ever out on the Best Coast, let me know. You can take a spin in mine

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    <snip> but i still want to try koni yellows with stock springs <snip>
    Thats the plan for my car. Maybe next summer...maybe...
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    If you're ever out on the Best Coast, let me know. You can take a spin in mine
    Best, LOL. true on many levels!!

might be out there next summer, we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Thats the plan for my car. Maybe next summer...maybe...
    oh yeah? sweet! let's do it in april so i can try it early.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast