Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Should be as good as New when you are done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    This is awesome! I spy a 1:18 model car in the picture with the i3 wheels...which car is it?
    I think it was an i8. Not sure though. BMW Seattle is nice.
    2003 Imola on Alcantara
    Slowly Upgrading

Wink Update 2/27/17

Small update here. Classes are going well and my spring break is coming up from March 17th-27th. I'm planning on tackling a lot of stuff in this time. Most importantly, I plan on the suspension refresh. My cooling system is working fine for now so I might wait until I have a free weekend between Spring/Summer.

Basically I'm just waiting on parts now, but in anticipation I've ordered another set of jackstands. I had a little Amazon rewards discount so I picked them up for a good deal. I have one set already, but after doing a suspension refresh on my E39, I decided to do it with a couple of sets of jackstands this time. Will make it a lot easier, and I may be able to refresh my wheels a little bit at the same time........

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the jack-stands I picked up. I've had nothing but good experiences with my first set, even leaving cars on them for days at a time, so it will be nice to have them in my arsenal. And it's a bonus because I'll never need to buy jack-stands again hopefully.

I also had a real moment of weakness after looking at the Imola Red image thread, and decided to purchase a set of clear corner lights and clear side-markers. I'm justifying it in the fact that my corner lights have condensation in them even though I've sealed them, and my side-marker lights are weathered. Also, I have some Lamin-X to install on the corner lights that I have been saving for.......new corner lights.

Here's a picture of my order on eBay. I've read good things about the TYC brand, and these light housings are expensive and on backorder at ECS Tuning so for the price for both, I said why not try them out.

One more thing, I ordered a U.S. Mill Works tow hook license plate bracket because I got a ticket for not having one while I was parked on the street. WTF. End of month quota BS I know it!! Anyway, it felt good to support a local Seattle business and I've heard good things about them in Dane's thread on here. I'll throw some pictures up when I get it in. Shouldn't take very long....Seattle to Seattle shipping should be fast on paper at least lol.

And last but not least, I took advantage of a beautiful day off and drove down to Magnuson Park in the northern area of Seattle. It's a really cool place along Lake Washington. I snapped a quick pic of my car while there.

I didn't have my camera so my iPhone had to suffice. It's hard to take a bad picture of Imola anyway though.

Thanks for reading guys.
    2003 Imola on Alcantara
    Slowly Upgrading

Not a fan of the jack stands. Thanks for checking in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Great thread here Ridge, and great to have another PNW member! Whereabouts in Seattle do you live? My dad lives in W Seattle so I'm up there relatively often. You are really doing some serious maint, nice work! I thought I was getting after it, but you're really getting down to the nitty gritty. Also funny that you posted the Austin Powers Meme, because I quoted that exact line in the opening of my recent project thread

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more updates and pics. Odd how other people's threads keep me going on my own project thread

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Not a fan of the jack stands.
    What does that even mean DW? Is there such a thing as bad jack stands?? I happen to be in the market for another pair, interested in your thoughts, I was probably just going ot go to Harbor Freight
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    Great thread here Ridge, and great to have another PNW member! Whereabouts in Seattle do you live? My dad lives in W Seattle so I'm up there relatively often. You are really doing some serious maint, nice work! I thought I was getting after it, but you're really getting down to the nitty gritty. Also funny that you posted the Austin Powers Meme, because I quoted that exact line in the opening of my recent project thread

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more updates and pics. Odd how other people's threads keep me going on my own project thread

What does that even mean DW? Is there such a thing as bad jack stands?? I happen to be in the market for another pair, interested in your thoughts, I was probably just going ot go to Harbor Freight
    Something like this would be more safer -

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben...FdhKDQodLAgLeg

There is a pin which goes through and through and isn't just supported by a notch. Although they're pretty good at what they do they're just not as safe as the ones I posted the link to...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Something like this would be more safer -

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben...FdhKDQodLAgLeg

There is a pin which goes through and through and isn't just supported by a notch. Although they're pretty good at what they do they're just not as safe as the ones I posted the link to...

Ahh I see. Yeah I suppose that design is a bit safer, but I don't like the upper pad/rest design, and at a premium price $86... I've used the ratcheting notched ones like in the above pics all my life, never had any issue nor heard of anyone being crushed using them. I also eat food I drop on the ground, and won't hesitant to drink out of a strangers glass. So basically, I live on the razors edge
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Ahh I see. Yeah I suppose that design is a bit safer, but I don't like the upper pad/rest design, and at a premium price $86... I've used the ratcheting notched ones like in the above pics all my life, never had any issue nor heard of anyone being crushed using them. I also eat food I drop on the ground, and won't hesitant to drink out of a strangers glass. So basically, I live on the razors edge
    Yeah these jackstands are fine for me because I usually leave them on the very bottom setting anyway. I rarely rely on the notches at all. Not too worried about it. They have great reviews and I've been using them for over a year with great results. YMMV. I also use them in conjunction with a jack supporting something, wheels under the rocker panels, and sometimes even ramps as well.
    2003 Imola on Alcantara
    Slowly Upgrading

The lowest setting is never quite enough for me, so when I jack the car up I usually put wheels under the car in case the jack stand fails

There's a story somewhere here of someone Mafia members know of getting crushed despite using all the normal precautions. I can't remember where it is. There's an inherent risk in doing your own maintenance, but use your head and you'll be fine. I too use those 3 ton jack stands that are ratcheting. I'm now trying to talk my dad into getting a set of QuickJacks . Cheaper and easier than an actual lift: https://www.quickjack.com/

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    The lowest setting is never quite enough for me, so when I jack the car up I usually put wheels under the car in case the jack stand fails

+1. I just roll out one of the three sets of wheels that are in the garage and line them up strategically around the car along with the jack stands and the floor jack.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast