Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Same thing happened to a friend of mine and he was able to get the bolt out using a bolt extractor from auto zone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    I wouldn't replace the pan. Odds are the bolt is stripped. Get a new bolt and an extractor. Then hold the bolt with a box wrench and drill a hole through the middle. After all the oil runs out insert the extractor and using vice grips pull and unscrew the stripped bolt.
    Did that yesterday! Woo easy peasy.

Update: figured out the vibration after some wheel swapping. Turns out, I did not know this when I bought them last year, that the AC SCHNITZER type III's have a larger center hub bore than what most bmw's have. Took about a week trying to track down original ac schnitzer hub centric rings, as 82mm to 72.6mm are hard to find. I emailed Ronal USA and AC Schnitzer USA. Both had to contact their respective offices in Germany. In the meantime I found that AC Schnitzer UK sells the rings but don't ship to the US. I bought a pair with the plan of having my girlfriend's dad bring them back for Christmas, as he now works in London. I had them shipped to his flat but he will not be back until Wednesday so in the meantime I found a cheaper set of hub centric rings from some 3rd party in the US. I ordered those and installed them on the wheels and what do you know, no more vibration!

Quote Originally Posted by daveuls10 View Post
    Update: figured out the vibration after some wheel swapping. Turns out, I did not know this when I bought them last year, that the AC SCHNITZER type III's have a larger center hub bore than what most bmw's have. Took about a week trying to track down original ac schnitzer hub centric rings, as 82mm to 72.6mm are hard to find. I emailed Ronal USA and AC Schnitzer USA. Both had to contact their respective offices in Germany. In the meantime I found that AC Schnitzer UK sells the rings but don't ship to the US. I bought a pair with the plan of having my girlfriend's dad bring them back for Christmas, as he now works in London. I had them shipped to his flat but he will not be back until Wednesday so in the meantime I found a cheaper set of hub centric rings from some 3rd party in the US. I ordered those and installed them on the wheels and what do you know, no more vibration!
    Damn
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12