Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weird Vibrations

Hi all,

haven't posted in a while. Went back to school about 6 months ago and haven't really had the time to post here. I'm getting a strange vibration while driving at highway speeds. I recently replaced my fcabs with powerflex fcabs. I just replaced the front tires and the rear tires just arrived at my house. The vibration is strange as in it kind of comes and goes in 30 second intervals or so. I can feel it in the wheel and then feel it almost "move" through the car before the vibration goes away and then starts again. It's not a crazy, violent vibration but it is causing me some concern.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Again, I just replaced my fcabs and I'm thinking it might just be the rear tires?

Thanks for the replies

Have you gotten an alignment since you changed out bushings and the tires?

i have a weird vibration like that. i am 99% certain it is my failing DMF. will see if it goes away when i replace it.... because i've replaced literally everything else that it could be.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Wheels balanced with no bends?

Thrown belt in the tire?

Manifest itself on even, trailing or positive throttle? Check driveline (motor, trans and diff mounts, center bearing, and giubo)

Colder temps on summer tires? These colder mornings, taking a little while for my PSS to warm up...

Haunted car?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Have you gotten an alignment since you changed out bushings and the tires?
    Have not gotten it aligned yet. Also was thinking of checking on driveline components as well

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Wheels balanced with no bends?

Thrown belt in the tire?

Manifest itself on even, trailing or positive throttle? Check driveline (motor, trans and diff mounts, center bearing, and giubo)

Colder temps on summer tires? These colder mornings, taking a little while for my PSS to warm up...

Haunted car?
    The guibo crossed my mind. I will have to take a look. I'll get the car up in the air this weekend sometime when I do my oil.

The vibration is a little more intense but not too bad yet. Trying to narrow things down. Will be hopefully getting an alignment next week sometime? Also side note, has anyone gotten their airbags replaced from the recall? I finally got the letter in the mail that I've been waiting for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by daveuls10 View Post
    Also side note, has anyone gotten their airbags replaced from the recall? I finally got the letter in the mail that I've been waiting for over a year now.
    Many members had their airbags replaced. We have a fairly large thread here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...letter/page132

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Many members had their airbags replaced. We have a fairly large thread here: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...letter/page132
    Good information on here thanks alot!

Update: bigger issues have arisen. Rose? Arised? Idk. But anyway, went to change my oil today and check out my control arms and the possible vibration source. Well I never got to the source or changing the oil. The oil plug is stripped and stuck in the pan and I now need to change the oil pan. Has anyone done this? I know I have to drop the subframe, support the engine and all that good stuff but does anyone have a DIY or some advice besides "good luck"?

Thanks guys

I wouldn't replace the pan. Odds are the bolt is stripped. Get a new bolt and an extractor. Then hold the bolt with a box wrench and drill a hole through the middle. After all the oil runs out insert the extractor and using vice grips pull and unscrew the stripped bolt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast