Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I seem late to the game and haven't read each post thoroughly, but one SSK option for 6 speeds is the UUC Evo3. It's not cheap, but I quite like mine. It sits only a little bit lower than stock (although you can adjust it to be lower).

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Yeah the ratios are the same. Hmm maybe it was the "xi" models that was slightly different. I know the ZHP already has shorter throws than the standard 330 6sp though. But there weren't any good SSK alternatives for the 330 6sp for awhile. Might be some now though since I last did my research like 2 years ago lol You don't really need the shift arm/carrier though if you're looking to save money. But I would at least recommend using a weighted selector rod or something because you would just end up with short throws that require a ton more effort. There are some SSKs where you can adjust height. I know if you go with AS you can contact him and tell him that you want it a certain height.

With the transmission out, swapping shifts is easy as pie. With everything installed, it becomes harder and more time consuming.

Maybe you can take my old RE SSK off my hands when I take it out lol It should be fine with some new bushings and a new cup. That's what I was going to do to refresh it, but since I'm basically going to have to uninstall it to do that, i'll just put in the new kit. Yeah I mean even as a novice, you should be fine with it off center. It's just you can't shift as fast. It just pisses me off every time I hit the corner of the gate lol It's like extra effort to push it around.
    I have heard the Xi's were different yes. I mean I'm buying a parts car so I'll basically have everything I need, but I'll be refreshing wear and tear items. If you mean "take it off your hands" as in give it, then sure! Otherwise I'd rather not put any money into it until I have a donor car. Full disclosure I'm just saving up for a car and waiting for the right one to come around. I think I'll be biting on sub 120k mile manuals within 300 miles of SF. My buddy and I agreed we'd pick it up ourselves so it has to be somewhat local. The plan is buy the car, part out the car until my loss is at roughly $500, then buy parts, and then start the swap. If you're REALLY interested, this document basically lays out everything I plan on buying and using. You can kind of see my thought process. Original sheet is from another person who swap, modified by me. Prices by bmwmercedes parts have not been updated. The shifter is the last thing I'm undecided about.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I seem late to the game and haven't read each post thoroughly, but one SSK option for 6 speeds is the UUC Evo3. It's not cheap, but I quite like mine. It sits only a little bit lower than stock (although you can adjust it to be lower).
    I looked at it, but I think it's a bit more than I'm willing to spend, especially if AS is custom

Got my hand on a six speed. I got pedals, hydraulics (most), sensors and driveshaft. The pedals, trans, and hydraulics are from a Z4M with 89k miles - really lucky deal from a reputable member. The driveshaft has 126k but still not bad in my opinion. I'm not even $1k in so I'm pretty happy. Now I'm shopping for clutch and flywheel, transmission mounting, and shifter arm. I'm already in talks with AS

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Felt it was appropriate to post an update. The dude with the transmission attempted to scam me. I had a long fight with PayPal. It indeed got my money back. You want to believe the best in people, but we have to look out for ourselves too. The seller was constantly promising to ship it, excuse after excise. We exchanged some normal banter too but it soon became clear that this transmission was never going to arrive. He even stopped responding altogether.

So for a while, it seemed my dreams of shifting were going to be put on hold. On the flip side, I realized I had a good value of manual parts that were never going to be used. Then, in my random browsing, I found the tranmission for me. It was out of a 2005 ZHP with only 77k miles. Very clean unit. So far I have all the hydraulics, SMF conversion with Valeo, 95% of the mounting hardware, and about 90% of the shifter. Someone sold me their short shifter and I believe it’s missing a part here and there. I am missing a shifter boot, shifter insulation, and the pedal assembly. I can grab all of these from a 5spd, so I’m just waiting for one to hit the junk yard. I’m in no rush to install. But quite excited!!!

Sorry to hear that, few things are worse than an internet scammer

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Felt it was appropriate to post an update. The dude with the transmission attempted to scam me. I had a long fight with PayPal. It indeed got my money back. You want to believe the best in people, but we have to look out for ourselves too. The seller was constantly promising to ship it, excuse after excise. We exchanged some normal banter too but it soon became clear that this transmission was never going to arrive. He even stopped responding altogether.

So for a while, it seemed my dreams of shifting were going to be put on hold. On the flip side, I realized I had a good value of manual parts that were never going to be used. Then, in my random browsing, I found the tranmission for me. It was out of a 2005 ZHP with only 77k miles. Very clean unit. So far I have all the hydraulics, SMF conversion with Valeo, 95% of the mounting hardware, and about 90% of the shifter. Someone sold me their short shifter and I believe it’s missing a part here and there. I am missing a shifter boot, shifter insulation, and the pedal assembly. I can grab all of these from a 5spd, so I’m just waiting for one to hit the junk yard. I’m in no rush to install. But quite excited!!!
    bummer, but there is a silver lining!

and hey, i have a pedal assembly if you need one. heck, i have two... and i have shifter parts.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Thanks for the support guys. This was back in the winter, I'm well over it now. I'm just looking forward to the swap this summer. Only looking forward everyone

Bummer. Glad you got your money back. GL on the upcoming work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12