Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Casey -> Help shooting RAW and Post-Processing

Ok Casey...

I've been shooting JPEG for awhile now, and after reading up; it seems like I'm not unlocking the potential of my camera.

So, Shooting in RAW is simple...Now, I need help with post-processing.

I'm shooting with a Nikon D3100. The main program is ViewNX2 (Which I use to import my images to).

As of now, I'm using Picasa 3 to edit shadows and other minor changes. I don't have cash right now to buy Lightroom or CS5.

So, question time.

When I import from my camera to ViewNX 5. Do I have to do anything special to convert the file from RAW so I can actually view it? I read somewhere that ViewNX 5 will do this for me?

When I want to edit into Picasa 3. Is there any changes I need to do in order to view and edit under there?

Lastly, what do I need to convert my file to, and how, in order to upload under flickr.

Thanks,

Kyle

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Gheybe Guest
    CS5 with student discount is like 200 I think.

I import from my folder into Adobe Bridge and then from Bridge to CS4...I'm not sure on other software....Once everything is edited and you want to upload to flickr, just make a save file and go File>Save As>Jpeg>folder name

Aperture or Lightroom + Photoshop for macs btw ..