Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    I'm glad it worked out for him. Both Ryan and I haven't had such good luck with AJ tuning our cars. I think Ryan has been through about 12 tunes so far and I'm up to 6.
    I'm still not happy with where the AFR is but I'm waiting until I get a new exhaust and I'm redesigning the intercooler system with a Ford Lightning intercooler and an overflow tank so I can be sure the system is purged of air and properly cooled for the hot as hell summers down here. Once I get that done, I'll start the tuning process again...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm glad it worked out for him. Both Ryan and I haven't had such good luck with AJ tuning our cars. I think Ryan has been through about 12 tunes so far and I'm up to 6.
    I'm still not happy with where the AFR is but I'm waiting until I get a new exhaust and I'm redesigning the intercooler system with a Ford Lightning intercooler and an overflow tank so I can be sure the system is purged of air and properly cooled for the hot as hell summers down here. Once I get that done, I'll start the tuning process again...
    What's an overflow tank? Is that a chamber that holds coolant that would otherwise boil over from high pressure?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Yea... old school for expansion tank because... I'm old
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Jesus! 6 and 12 tunes? I pray to god that I don’t run into that situation. I’ll be pissed. But with my luck I’m sure I’ll have trouble too Lol.

Yea it's not fun or cheap since he wants a dyno run with AFR after each update. It's $100 for each 3 pull dyno session down here. At Ryan's suggestion, I got bytelogger software and used his spreadsheet conversion to get AFR from the O2 sensor voltage. Also got timing and throttle position amongst other things. Saved me a lot of money. The only downside to that is you have to top out the car in 4th gear to get accurate load readings and as you know, that's well over 100 MPH on the street. Not something I want to do on a regular basis.

Here's my build project: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...gasket-project
    H&R sport springs,

Yea it's not fun or cheap since he wants a dyno run with AFR after each update. It's $100 for each 3 pull dyno session down here. At Ryan's suggestion, I got bytelogger software and used his spreadsheet conversion to get AFR from the O2 sensor voltage. Also got timing and throttle position amongst other things. Saved me a lot of money. The only downside to that is you have to top out the car in 4th gear to get accurate load readings and as you know, that's well over 100 MPH on the street. Not something I want to do on a regular basis.

Here's my build project: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...gasket-project

Man that’s such a bummer and headache. Sorry it hasn’t worked out for you man. When I get my kit I’ll come to you for advice lol And thanks for the link. I’ll check it out.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213