Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 54 of 128 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Progress photos? Noice!
    ha, tapatalk is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Is the headliner grey or is the pic off?
    it's normal ZHP anthracite, just the lighting and my iPhone make it look lighter than it is.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Is the headliner grey or is the pic off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ES IST ANTHRAZIT DUUUURRRR

WEIßT DU ETWAS???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am enjoying this new Peter with progress pics at every update.

Trucking right along. My envy grows every day.

Nice progress pics, Peter! Its funny how you nonchalantly mention "did this during lunch break". Dude, you put in an entire headliner in like 45 mins!! Thats crazy efficient!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I would like to believe that my threat to take lots of pics of Peter's garage and post them here did the trick
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I would like to believe that my threat to take lots of pics of Peter's garage and post them here did the trick
    I think it was probably the threat to take pictures of his butt and do whatever the heck you meant by wikileaks...

...at least that'd be enough to motivate me.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I think it was probably the threat to take pictures of his butt and do whatever the heck you meant by wikileaks...

...at least that'd be enough to motivate me.
    LOL!! Either ways, its a win for us now that he is posting pics of all the touring goodness!
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i got a full leather rear setup from a donor car on kijiji (like CL up here). it really IS a lot better - it's just the same softness as the ZHP rear leather seat.

my 9-year old son complained that the leatherette was really uncomfortable on his FIRST ride in the car - yep, he's definitely my son. he said "the ZHP back seat is so much more comfortable!" not that i would doubt him, but i was curious so i climbed back there and yep, it was a lot harder than the leather in the ZHP - especially at the lowest part of the seatback, where it hits your butt/lower back - it's like a rock right there. and the leatherette just feels cheap, and plasticky (cause it is). so i had to find a leather rear setup.

so...

OPTION 1
    check the scrap yards, CL for a Touring partout, etc... it's worth the expense and effort.

OPTION 2
    find some M3 rear seats and use the nappa leather to make a matching rear set (the montana leather grain doesn't really match the nappa well at all... but i don't mind. it's definitely a better match than the leatherette!). i actually have two full sets of M3 rear seats because i was going to harvest the leather to recover the leatherette rear seat, but i found the montana one already done, so hey, that's a lot less work. but if you have a good upholsterer, it should totally be possible - the dimensions are very close and should not need a lot of alterations. i would be willing to part with one set if you're interested, for not much money.
    Are you sure it's a leatherette vs leather issue rather than a touring vs sedan issue?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

Trucking right along. My envy grows every day.
    i'm actually kinda bummed that the interior isn't done yet. i have not been able to do anything the last two nights. i have to get it finished by monday as my wife has to go on a 7hr round trip and this car gets 2x the MPGs of the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Nice progress pics, Peter! Its funny how you nonchalantly mention "did this during lunch break". Dude, you put in an entire headliner in like 45 mins!! Thats crazy efficient!

LOL. my garage is a freakin' mess right now with lumber, tools and car parts EVERYWHERE. no pics of my garage will be allowed as i'm embarrassed by the state of it.

re: the headliner... getting everything out was the time consuming part - once you've got a bare ceiling, putting and securing the headliner in place is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Are you sure it's a leatherette vs leather issue rather than a touring vs sedan issue?
    without a doubt it's a leatherette vs leather issue, i have the leather Touring seat here to compare to.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Did you talk to the bodyshop about the paint situation?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Did you talk to the bodyshop about the paint situation?
    yep. will get it sorted later on... too much going on right now with other stuff.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 54 of 128 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast