Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 95 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Exciting!

Glad you are making progress!

I got a parabolic dish heater (electric) from Costco that helps quite a bit. Of course it doesn’t get nearly as cold here for long periods.

Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I am looking into at least getting 2 of the Esco stands. $65 each on amazon prime. Adjusts from 13" - 21"

But then Esco makes a shorty stand which has a shorter base and post. Adjusts from 11" - 17"
    $57 on tooltopia

Just watch the video that sounded freaking awesome. On a side note you sound a lot different than I imagined lol. I imagined you with the older more raspy voice.... Oh yeah and expected to end a sentence in the form of a question lol
    Last edited by nextelbuddy; 12-17-2017 at 07:03 PM.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Damn Peter, you whipped that out quick! Excellent!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Stunning work Peter! Congrats on put it back together, proud moment.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    Just watch the video that sounded freaking awesome. On a side note you sound a lot different than I imagined lol. I imagined you with the older more raspy voice.... Oh yeah and expected to end a sentence in the form of a question lol
    LOL... you thought i was british?

i am fortunate that i look and sound a lot younger than i am. i'm more appreciate of this every year. i got carded back in october, to which i said "thank you!" and when the cashier looked at my DOB on my driver's license, she just said, "oh." LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Damn Peter, you whipped that out quick! Excellent!
    haha, not really! 5 weeks!! it felt like an eternity. but the proof is in the pudding, as they say - and i've had a couple drives now without issue.... except that i have a brake pad warning light that is neither of the brake pad sensors. stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I wonder how that pipe would hold up during Canadian salty winters.
    they're not any saltier than NE winters!

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Stunning work Peter! Congrats on put it back together, proud moment.
    thanks man! it was. kind of anti-climactic, though - like i was almost expecting something to break.

i will be posting some more pics and impressions soon. and videos once the clutch is broken in.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Share some pictures of the rear of the car with the new muffler installed.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Share some pictures of the rear of the car with the new muffler installed.
    will do.

got an alignment today. i eyeballed it pretty well, but it drives even better now. -1.1º camber up front, -1.2º camber in the rear. stock toe settings.

so for suspension, i am running all of the stuff i had on my ZHP sedan, but for springs and dampers i'm running OEM ZHP springs (and i think they're from a coupe, because they sit pretty low), with koni yellows up front (adjustable; set on about 60% stiff), and bilstein PSS9 rears (adjustable; i've got them set halfway), with my RE RSMs. the car feels so good - 'gooey stiff' is how i would describe it. high levels of grip, but compliant and super tight and quiet. of course, the drivetrain is loud, but the chassis is not. this is the nicest setup i've run on an E46; that said, i am turning my bilstein PSS into a linear-sprung setup (300/600 rates), so i will be trying those. likely getting ground control camber/caster plates too.

i'm about 500 shifts into my clutch break-in.... need 800. nuts. should hopefully hit it tomorrow or saturday.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

How are the solid subframe bushings? The clutch sounds promising for my car... I wonder what the maximum torque/HP rating is on that clutch?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 95 of 128 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast