Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 119 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1273
    lubed the AKG FCABs today after work with some silicone grease... they were bone dry. i'm a dummy (used PFTE lube before for some reason.... tired?... it disappeared). no more creaky-creaky.

installed a new trans-to-exhaust brace. my original one from the ZHP was rusted and broken, and the one from my Touring was rusted and broken. bought a new one and installed.

and installed the new custom Tall Boy alcantara shift boot from mike @ coby. looks proper now.

also.... first time i had been under the car, really, since i finished the swap back in december, and man..... sure nice to see it nice and dry under there! oil pan gasket and RMS are leak-free. yay.

did a 3.5hr road trip tonight with the fam. easy cruise at 120km/h (75mph).....family of four and luggage... the car did 8.0L/100km (roughly 29.5mpg). not bad.

over n' out.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    lubed the AKG FCABs today after work with some silicone grease... they were bone dry. i'm a dummy (used PFTE lube before for some reason.... tired?... it disappeared). no more creaky-creaky.

installed a new trans-to-exhaust brace. my original one from the ZHP was rusted and broken, and the one from my Touring was rusted and broken. bought a new one and installed.

and installed the new custom Tall Boy alcantara shift boot from mike @ coby. looks proper now.

also.... first time i had been under the car, really, since i finished the swap back in december, and man..... sure nice to see it nice and dry under there! oil pan gasket and RMS are leak-free. yay.

did a 3.5hr road trip tonight with the fam. easy cruise at 120km/h (75mph).....family of four and luggage... the car did 8.0L/100km (roughly 29.5mpg). not bad.

over n' out.
    Now that I have internet connection at my new place, I can start to shit-post all over your thread

Must be an awesome thing to see the bottom of your car all clean and dry! The absolute best fuel mileage I have ever received on my car during one of my YOW to YYZ trips was 7.4/100KMs. I guess I might have had some tailwind and perfect road conditions.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Maybe you used PTFE on my RTABs instead of silicone, because they groan like a goose lol.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I love that you still use the obnoxious growlour for family trips. Why didn't you take the X3? I imagine it's more comfortable for the wife/kids.

That's some sick mpg's for a >4k lb vehicle with all that ass in there.

I used this stuff on my rubber sway bar bushings did I do a bad thing?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XBH9HI

That stuff looks ok. As long as it doesn't have any petroleum in it, it's safe
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Now that I have internet connection at my new place, I can start to shit-post all over your thread

Must be an awesome thing to see the bottom of your car all clean and dry! The absolute best fuel mileage I have ever received on my car during one of my YOW to YYZ trips was 7.4/100KMs. I guess I might have had some tailwind and perfect road conditions.
    hahaha! only if you post from the garage, though.

yeah, i've had some tanks around 7.4-7.5 before, but that was in my sedan (lighter, more aerodynamic), and with the 3.07 rear end. i've gotta give up some fuel economy for utility.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Maybe you used PTFE on my RTABs instead of silicone, because they groan like a goose lol.
    actually i'm pretty certain i used the copper grease that comes with powerflex bushings...

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I love that you still use the obnoxious growlour for family trips. Why didn't you take the X3? I imagine it's more comfortable for the wife/kids.

That's some sick mpg's for a >4k lb vehicle with all that ass in there.
    yep, agreed!

the X3 is a great road tripper for sure, because it is a bigger cabin and is softer to drive.... but we didn't take it this time for a few reasons:

1. the handbrake isn't working right now - both shoes delaminated (still scratching my head over that one), and i haven't got the replacements yet
    2. no lumbar support (yet; i'm retrofitting it) - i'm doing 13-14hrs of driving on this trip, so my back needs all the help it can get
    3. worse fuel economy
    4. i gotta mix it up every once in a while and prove that the growlour can still do it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I used this stuff on my rubber sway bar bushings did I do a bad thing?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XBH9HI
    that's actually the PFTE lube i have. for assembly and general use it's great, but for bushings... nope. at least on swaybar bushings... easy thing to remedy.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    actually i'm pretty certain i used the copper grease that comes with powerflex bushings...
    Your good memory is making it pretty difficult for me to give you a hard time...
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Your good memory is making it pretty difficult for me to give you a hard time...
    LOL. i always use the included lube with poly bushings, but now that i think about it, when i put the AKG FCABs into the Touring, i was out of that stuff. it feels like an eternity ago at this point, even though it was only 5 months ago!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

You guys need to try this stuff...
    https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Lube-II...0Z4YMGAWY5VPPP
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 119 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast