Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
    This thing will look so good when you're done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    This thing will look so good when you're done with it.
    thanks man.

the hardest part is now: do i actually do this project and use my sedan as the donor, and build a sweet ZHP Touring? or keep my sedan as-is and sell the Touring, which fits in well with me trying to scale back commitments for 2017?

it might take me months to decide.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    thanks man.

the hardest part is now: do i actually do this project and use my sedan as the donor, and build a sweet ZHP Touring? or keep my sedan as-is and sell the Touring, which fits in well with me trying to scale back commitments for 2017?

No. No no no. You can't just start talking dirty to me with this ZHP wagon and then tell me I have to wait. You do it NOW

And I am 100% for gutting the ZHP sedan for the Touring. It'll be hard emotionally. But if I somehow found a good shaped touring local to me for a good price, I'd be hard pressed not to switch over to it, despite the expense and the time outlay. A touring that could last me even longer than my coupe due to the added utility.

thanks man.

I think from the money perspective you would be better off selling the Zhp instead of touring as the Zhp will probably fetch you more money... but then again I think you said the touring has some rust issues which would cost you money to fix to maybe in the end you'd end up even with either...

Hmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Not a fan of the 'gut the ZHP' idea. You already have an awesome sedan... not sure why you'd want to tear it apart.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    No. No no no. You can't just start talking dirty to me with this ZHP wagon and then tell me I have to wait. You do it NOW

And I am 100% for gutting the ZHP sedan for the Touring. It'll be hard emotionally. But if I somehow found a good shaped touring local to me for a good price, I'd be hard pressed not to switch over to it, despite the expense and the time outlay. A touring that could last me even longer than my coupe due to the added utility.
    yeah, and that's really where i'm at too. the utility is awesome. and i would 100% take this over the montero for most family trips because it's so much better on gas, and more comfy (for me, anyway, LOL). it just makes sense.

but it will be a lot of work. not just to do the swap, but to pull the headliner to recover in black (i gotta go all the way...), have body work done, paintwork done, etc. the nice part is, my sedan is 100% mechanically and everything is up to spec, so when the swap is done... well, the Touring would be 100% up to spec.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I think from the money perspective you would be better off selling the Zhp instead of touring as the Zhp will probably fetch you more money... but then again I think you said the touring has some rust issues which would cost you money to fix to maybe in the end you'd end up even with either...
    financially speaking, i would be better off selling the Touring. because i could make some money on it, whereas with the ZHP... well, i've got more into it than i could sell it for. i would walk away keeping a sweet ZHP sedan and would have some cash on top. my wife would be happier with this scenario.

however, if i sold the ZHP and then had to BUY EVERYTHING i would need to put into it to make it The Slater Package... it actually would cost me about $2000 more than if i gutted the ZHP sedan, used what i needed, and parted the rest. it sounds odd at first, but my excel spreadsheet isn't lying. and then it would be a 330iT, not a 330iT ZHP. (because i already have an M54B30, 6-speed and M3 rear end sitting here.)

and yes, there is some bodywork to be done on the Touring. the only rust is the RR arch where it meets the bumper, and a tiny bit of surface rust on the bottom edge of the tailgate. otherwise there is a dent in the LR arch that needs to be pulled, and i would have to have the entire MTechII kit painted (not a big deal, but added up that's about $1200-$1500 worth of work).

the other factor is that the Touring is a 1-owner car (well, 2 now ), is an '05 (factory reinforcement piece in the RACP - but i'd go all VinceBar-mental on it anyway), no accident history, and is actually cleaner underneath than the ZHP sedan.

but is all of that - and the added utility - worth the time and effort? that's my decision. it's a toughie.

peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Not a fan of the 'gut the ZHP' idea. You already have an awesome sedan... not sure why you'd want to tear it apart.
    see my post above. some folks just love Tourings... i happen to be one.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

yeah, and that's really where i'm at too. the utility is awesome. and i would 100% take this over the montero for most family trips because it's so much better on gas, and more comfy (for me, anyway, LOL). it just makes sense.

but it will be a lot of work. not just to do the swap, but to pull the headliner to recover in black (i gotta go all the way...), have body work done, paintwork done, etc. the nice part is, my sedan is 100% mechanically and everything is up to spec, so when the swap is done... well, the Touring would be 100% up to spec.

financially speaking, i would be better off selling the Touring. because i could make some money on it, whereas with the ZHP... well, i've got more into it than i could sell it for. i would walk away keeping a sweet ZHP sedan and would have some cash on top. my wife would be happier with this scenario.

however, if i sold the ZHP and then had to BUY EVERYTHING i would need to put into it to make it The Slater Package... it actually would cost me about $2000 more than if i gutted the ZHP sedan, used what i needed, and parted the rest. it sounds odd at first, but my excel spreadsheet isn't lying. and then it would be a 330iT, not a 330iT ZHP. (because i already have an M54B30, 6-speed and M3 rear end sitting here.)

and yes, there is some bodywork to be done on the Touring. the only rust is the RR arch where it meets the bumper, and a tiny bit of surface rust on the bottom edge of the tailgate. otherwise there is a dent in the LR arch that needs to be pulled, and i would have to have the entire MTechII kit painted (not a big deal, but added up that's about $1200-$1500 worth of work).

the other factor is that the Touring is a 1-owner car (well, 2 now ), is an '05 (factory reinforcement piece in the RACP - but i'd go all VinceBar-mental on it anyway), no accident history, and is actually cleaner underneath than the ZHP sedan.

but is all of that - and the added utility - worth the time and effort? that's my decision. it's a toughie.

I actually meant the money you would get for a stock-ish Zhp, assuming you would keep/transfer all your mods vs touring, but you covered that in your post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I actually meant the money you would get for a stock-ish Zhp, assuming you would keep/transfer all your mods vs touring, but you covered that in your post
    yeah... de-modding the ZHP... i could, but there's so much more than the mods - it's the engine, the maintenance, the interior trim, etc.... i want all of it in the Touring.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Man, Peter.

Reading through all these mind hurdles that you've been trying to overcome...I've only got one question...

When's the last time you got some sleep?

Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast