Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 41 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    roof rails back on.

wife pretty much only drives the Touring now ("the truck sounds grumbly." - it needs a wheel bearing or two.)

that is all for now. been working on my house a lot - bathroom, laundry room, and front hall closet done. 10" wide pine floors installed, first coat of poly (oil-based, of course) went on the floors in the addition this afternoon. totally high on fumes. this stuff dries so fast, second coat has to go on before midnight. next up - window and door trim, baseboards, and custom doors - 6 of them. and i really need to build a crosscut sled for my tablesaw.

and i'm sick. blech. mineral spirits, polyurethane fumes, and tylenol cold + sinus. just need a glass of wine now to complete it...
    1) Roof rails back on?
    2) How does the wife like the Touring compared to the SUUUUUV when they're both running well?
    3) Nice work, seems like you're trucking right along. What is your overall plan for your house work? I can't remember. I vaguely believe there was some mention of garage work or are my own fantasies muddling things?
    4) Bummer about the cold but I think you're on the right track (add wine and maybe some suspiciously outdated cheese).

roof rails back on.

wife pretty much only drives the Touring now ("the truck sounds grumbly." - it needs a wheel bearing or two.)

that is all for now. been working on my house a lot - bathroom, laundry room, and front hall closet done. 10" wide pine floors installed, first coat of poly (oil-based, of course) went on the floors in the addition this afternoon. totally high on fumes. this stuff dries so fast, second coat has to go on before midnight. next up - window and door trim, baseboards, and custom doors - 6 of them. and i really need to build a crosscut sled for my tablesaw.

and i'm sick. blech. mineral spirits, polyurethane fumes, and tylenol cold + sinus. just need a glass of wine now to complete it...
    It's not news to anyone here, but you are an absolute madman.

Really, though, strong work on the house! I bet that entryway is awesome now. I'd ask for pics, but I'm really more interested in the Knex roller coaster...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

... totally high on fumes....

just need a glass of wine now to complete it...
    Drugs, alcohol...wow never thought you were such a party animal

Great work on the house - I remember the 'before' from October and would love to check out the 'after' in April.

Get better soon man and post pics of the house when you can.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    1) Roof rails back on?
    2) How does the wife like the Touring compared to the SUUUUUV when they're both running well?
    3) Nice work, seems like you're trucking right along. What is your overall plan for your house work? I can't remember. I vaguely believe there was some mention of garage work or are my own fantasies muddling things?
    4) Bummer about the cold but I think you're on the right track (add wine and maybe some suspiciously outdated cheese).
    dude, you're AnimaGifs are hilarious.

my wife probably wouldn't admit to liking the Touring at all, but she has admitted to the much, much better fuel consumption. really though, once i get The Tank sorted out she will likely start driving it again. it needs a wheel bearing, front brakes, front ball joints, new shocks, LSx...

the house plan is to enclose the breezeway we had between the house and the garage. new foundation for the front/back walls, new front/back walls, new floor, added a new front door, front deck, 3 gables into the existing roofline of the breezeway, additional 2-piece bath, laundry closet, front hall closet, 2 more storage closets (200-year old houses always hurt for storage space)..... it really wrapped up a lot of loose ends in our house and added another maybe 200sf of living space - it doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds so much in how the space is used.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    It's not news to anyone here, but you are an absolute madman.

Really, though, strong work on the house! I bet that entryway is awesome now. I'd ask for pics, but I'm really more interested in the Knex roller coaster...
    the problem with the knex rollercoaster is 2-fold.... a) my son doesn't seem that interested, and b) with the reno going on, the rest of the house is crammed with furniture that doesn't belong there. we'll get 'er done once the mess is cleaned up.

i'll post some pics of the project when it's done - it's close, just have trim to finish and doors to build. and, and new siding and shingles... oof.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Drugs, alcohol...wow never thought you were such a party animal

Great work on the house - I remember the 'before' from October and would love to check out the 'after' in April.

Get better soon man and post pics of the house when you can.
    yep, will do. thanks man.

the poly fumes were an unfortunate byproduct. i enjoy my beer and wine, but my drug days are waaaaaay over...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

dude, you're AnimaGifs are hilarious.

my wife probably wouldn't admit to liking the Touring at all, but she has admitted to the much, much better fuel consumption. really though, once i get The Tank sorted out she will likely start driving it again. it needs a wheel bearing, front brakes, front ball joints, new shocks, LSx...
    Haha why wouldn't she admit to liking the touring? It's basically a squished compact RWD SUV.

the house plan is to enclose the breezeway we had between the house and the garage. new foundation for the front/back walls, new front/back walls, new floor, added a new front door, front deck, 3 gables into the existing roofline of the breezeway, additional 2-piece bath, laundry closet, front hall closet, 2 more storage closets (200-year old houses always hurt for storage space)..... it really wrapped up a lot of loose ends in our house and added another maybe 200sf of living space - it doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds so much in how the space is used.
    Hot damn that's a lot. 200 square feet isn't much but I fully understand what that space can do to transform the utility of an area. Very cool! More pics!

Haha why wouldn't she admit to liking the touring? It's basically a squished compact RWD SUV.

Hot damn that's a lot. 200 square feet isn't much but I fully understand what that space can do to transform the utility of an area. Very cool! More pics!
    well, she would be the first to tell you that she doesn't care about cars. but she does enjoy driving a manual trans.

yeah, it's a big project. i was fortunate to be able to hire a friend who used to be a builder to come and help me with the structural aspects, so that we could get it all closed in before winter. we started the project in mid- to late-october, which is not ideal when considering in late november we opened a gaping hole in the backside of the house for 2-3 days to rebuild the back wall of this part of the house. i really should have been done with everything inside already, but i took a sanity break in january to regroup a bit. big projects like this are not what i want to be doing right now, but the housing market is exploding around here at the moment and we might be moving in the next year, so i both want to finish the house and also enjoy it a little before we sell - and the changes/additions we've made are going to make us a lot more back when we sell it.

the problem with a booming market is.... well, buying at inflated prices too. i have crazy desire to pocket 1/3 of the profits, and with the rest, buy a remote plot of land and a tiny house and go off-grid.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

well, she would be the first to tell you that she doesn't care about cars. but she does enjoy driving a manual trans.

yeah, it's a big project. i was fortunate to be able to hire a friend who used to be a builder to come and help me with the structural aspects, so that we could get it all closed in before winter. we started the project in mid- to late-october, which is not ideal when considering in late november we opened a gaping hole in the backside of the house for 2-3 days to rebuild the back wall of this part of the house. i really should have been done with everything inside already, but i took a sanity break in january to regroup a bit. big projects like this are not what i want to be doing right now, but the housing market is exploding around here at the moment and we might be moving in the next year, so i both want to finish the house and also enjoy it a little before we sell - and the changes/additions we've made are going to make us a lot more back when we sell it.

the problem with a booming market is.... well, buying at inflated prices too. i have crazy desire to pocket 1/3 of the profits, and with the rest, buy a remote plot of land and a tiny house and go off-grid.
    Interesting. I'm sure it'll turn out great, and as you say, will definitely help when you sell it. How come you're planning on moving? Going off grid is the retirement dream. Maybe somewhere up in Montana...

I feel like the housing market is booming everywhere. My parents put in an offer last year for a house that wasn't even really on the market yet. Over the weekend the owners got back to them and said they'd taken an offer by a couple from California who were giving $100k over asking in cash. Just ridiculous.

Interesting. I'm sure it'll turn out great, and as you say, will definitely help when you sell it. How come you're planning on moving? Going off grid is the retirement dream. Maybe somewhere up in Montana...

I feel like the housing market is booming everywhere. My parents put in an offer last year for a house that wasn't even really on the market yet. Over the weekend the owners got back to them and said they'd taken an offer by a couple from California who were giving $100k over asking in cash. Just ridiculous.
    montana sounds nice. going off the grid isn't only the retirement dream... i know lots of people here who either are, or want to be doing it. myself included.

california is in it's own world, man. toronto is similar - the average house costs something like $800K. nuts.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

toronto is similar - the average house costs something like $800K. nuts.
    Try 1.5m for a detached house

"In Toronto, the average price of a detached home now sits at $1,573,622, a 29.8 per cent jump from last year, according to TREB"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...uary-1.4008215
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Try 1.5m for a detached house

"In Toronto, the average price of a detached home now sits at $1,573,622, a 29.8 per cent jump from last year, according to TREB"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...uary-1.4008215
    That's only like $1.1M real dollars
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 41 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast