Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 52 of 128 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Fantastic progress, Peter! I am curious, did the ZHPs get some special leather door panels that regular 330i did not get?

BTW, I am taking requests for hard to find pictures from Peter's garage since I will be visiting him soon. Can't put up with the tease anymore
    i will have to 'OK' every pic though.

as for the door panels - no, i don't think so. if the non-ZHP 330i got leather seating (like yours), you should have the same door panels (although the H/K audio cars' panels are different as they have extra speakers).

Quote Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
    Ugh, you temptress.

PM me what you're asking for it - I probably won't bite as its not a priority of mine but if it's an offer I can't refuse then.... guess I can't refuse
    yep. will do.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Hot damn. I love how individual this car is going to be and how much detail you're putting into it. It will truly be yours in every sense of the word.

I request anandoc take TONS of pictures because this is the best chance we'll have at more than a handful of pictures.

Fantastic progress, Peter! I am curious, did the ZHPs get some special leather door panels that regular 330i did not get?
    No, the leather panels between 330 and ZHP are the same.
    Peter's existing panels I think are vinyl, to match his seats - since he's swapping in leather seats, he's also swapping the leather panels to match.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

That's a solid plan Peter. Can't wait to see a finish interior!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Hot damn. I love how individual this car is going to be and how much detail you're putting into it. It will truly be yours in every sense of the word.

I request anandoc take TONS of pictures because this is the best chance we'll have at more than a handful of pictures.
    oh man. i just installed tapatalk, so i will likely be posting more pics. it's a lot easier that way.

plus i don't want anando posting pics of my butt or something.

re: 'individual' stuff - thanks man! i've been dreaming of this idea for a while so i kinda knew exactly what i wanted to do. the interior is all OEM stuff, but a combo of my favorite OEM stuff - so Individual in that sense, yes. drivetrain and suspension-wise, i guess more 'individual' and not 'Individual.' it will be my Jack Olsen 911. constant refinement of the 'one car to do it all.'

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Peter's existing panels I think are vinyl, to match his seats - since he's swapping in leather seats, he's also swapping the leather panels to match.
    exactamundo!

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    That's a solid plan Peter. Can't wait to see a finish interior!!!
    me too!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Thanks BP for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    oh man. i just installed tapatalk, so i will likely be posting more pics. it's a lot easier that way.

plus i don't want anando posting pics of my butt or something.
    Oh man, I am gonna pull such a wikileaks on you
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Oh man, I am gonna pull such a wikileaks on you
    i have no idea what that means, but it doesn't sound good.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Bruh,

do you have full leather in the back of your wag? If not how do you plan on sourcing...

I ask because I drove myself and 3 friends up skiing for 3.5 hours in a blizzard - both friends in the back eventually complained about their asses hurting a bit. I sat in the back of my own car to verify that the comfort of the Vinyl/Fake leather I have back there is in fact SHITE. They really skimped on padding over the full leather.

Plus it would be nice to have full grain to match the M3 seats up front

Quote Originally Posted by Stigissimo View Post
    Bruh,

do you have full leather in the back of your wag? If not how do you plan on sourcing...

I ask because I drove myself and 3 friends up skiing for 3.5 hours in a blizzard - both friends in the back eventually complained about their asses hurting a bit. I sat in the back of my own car to verify that the comfort of the Vinyl/Fake leather I have back there is in fact SHITE. They really skimped on padding over the full leather.

Plus it would be nice to have full grain to match the M3 seats up front
    i got a full leather rear setup from a donor car on kijiji (like CL up here). it really IS a lot better - it's just the same softness as the ZHP rear leather seat.

my 9-year old son complained that the leatherette was really uncomfortable on his FIRST ride in the car - yep, he's definitely my son. he said "the ZHP back seat is so much more comfortable!" not that i would doubt him, but i was curious so i climbed back there and yep, it was a lot harder than the leather in the ZHP - especially at the lowest part of the seatback, where it hits your butt/lower back - it's like a rock right there. and the leatherette just feels cheap, and plasticky (cause it is). so i had to find a leather rear setup.

so...

OPTION 1
    check the scrap yards, CL for a Touring partout, etc... it's worth the expense and effort.

OPTION 2
    find some M3 rear seats and use the nappa leather to make a matching rear set (the montana leather grain doesn't really match the nappa well at all... but i don't mind. it's definitely a better match than the leatherette!). i actually have two full sets of M3 rear seats because i was going to harvest the leather to recover the leatherette rear seat, but i found the montana one already done, so hey, that's a lot less work. but if you have a good upholsterer, it should totally be possible - the dimensions are very close and should not need a lot of alterations. i would be willing to part with one set if you're interested, for not much money.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i would be willing to part with one set if you're interested, for not much money.
    You're killing me smalls.

Perhaps in the future - we'll see how the summer plays out. This may be a winter upgrade since I'm usually not driving friends around on long journeys in the summertime - as opposed to skiing in the winter.

Was Nappa only available in the M?

Page 52 of 128 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast