Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I bought the 10499 Low Profile version. I was able to get the rear subframe out without issue (it was a huge issue, but not because of the jackstand height lol), and I don’t think I was even at the top pin.
    Mind sharing where you got them from? I will be doing a clutch job shortly and need some stands that will go high enough and are sturdy.

The bigger version seems kinda overkill.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Mind sharing where you got them from? I will be doing a clutch job shortly and need some stands that will go high enough and are sturdy.

i think amazon has them, but if i remember correctly, spenser got a crazy deal on them?

i will likely get the big ones. i like overkill.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

peter's Touring project

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i think amazon has them, but if i remember correctly, spenser got a crazy deal on them?

i will likely get the big ones. i like overkill.
    No crazy deal for me (crying.emoji), although I don’t think I paid $83. I think I paid $65, the same as the 10498 is currently listed. I bought them from Amazon.

It was another member here who bought them from Northern Tool for something like $40/each (I’m still bitter—I went to buy them the next day and the price was back up).

Edit: the only *deal* I got was opening an Amazon Visa, which I’d been meaning to do for years. You get an $80 Amazon gift card, and I think 5% back on Prime purchases.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Sorry a bit late on this, so good to hear that things went well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Sorry a bit late on this, so good to hear that things went well.
    thanks john! she had a longer, harder recovery that expected, but she's almost 100% now.

things around here have been very, very busy... christmas is always a busy time of year around our house, but i've had to be out of town a couple times and all of that has meant very little has gotten done since my last update... and by very little, i mean, in the span of 2.5 weeks 'little' has gotten done compared to what happened previous to that.

so here's where it's at:

- engine installed (there's a lot going on here besides chucking it in the engine bay hole)
    - trans installed
    - rear end installed
    - all brakes installed (not bled yet)
    - front M3 swaybar installed
    - fresh oil, coolant, PS fluid
    - modified my aFe ProDry S intake mounting bracket/shield for better intake boot fitment (no kink! but the filter is touching the coolant expansion tank... i don't like it, but we'll see how it does)
    - made and installed some custom rear seat back mounting brackets with my son - unfortunately they will be hidden behind the seat back, but this was really fun and i hope he thinks about them when he gets in the car (i'm going to have him reinstall the interior with me)
    - lots of fiddly bits dealt with
    - Touring + ZHP gauge clusters merged to form A BIONIC ZHP-T CLUSTER OF SILVER-RINGED POWER
    - perf-leather steering wheel installed
    - DME REFLASHED

let me preface this next bit by saying that nearly every single thing has been a PITA on this project. broken bolts (i've had 4 broken bolts... very weird for me, especially on a BMW. i've still got two of those bolts to drill out yet). stuff not lining up properly. stuff not wanting to go back together. everything has been hard.....i've done lots of this stuff many times before, without issue. but this time has been difficult.

and then i went to reflash the DME on tuesday night with a custom flash TerraPhantm made for me last summer, and WinKFP kept crashing when it got to 100%. so i tried using the latest ZHP factory software... and it errored out halfway through - DME ACCESS DENIED.

and the car wouldn't start. i thought i bricked my DME.

F.

so last night i spent a couple of hours researching. i stripped all of the coding software off of my laptop (running Windows 10 x64) - which was the stuff that came with my INPA cable - and downloaded and installed BMW Standard Tools from bimmergeeks.net. after loading in the daten files and configuring my WinKFP ini files, i noticed that this version of WinKFP was in english! bonus already. i also set my COM port to COM1 for my USB-to-serial adapter (was COM5 - and WinKFP can use any COM port, but the bimmergeeks' instructions said to use COM1, so i did). i finished that around 1AM.

this morning i went out to my garage - sitting at lovely -8ºC (it was -18.5ºC outside this morning when i brought my daughter to the bus stop - it's WAY too early for these january/february kind of temps!) - and attempted to flash the DME with Terra's files, and IT WORKED! and then i started the car, and the engine roared to life... (literally roared - it has no exhaust on it right now) and settled to a nice idle. i nearly shat myself. because not only was this a hugely invasive project - both in terms of the car, and my life! - the coding aspect was an unknown, the drivetrain was transplanted from my ZHP, and i installed a new SMF/cluch/PP as well, so i just prayed.. and prayed... (there has been a lot of prayer going on in this project) that i didn't mess anything up. which i didn't think i did, because i take my time doing stuff, but it was definitely a tense moment. the 330iT ZHP lives!!

so i'm curious to see how the software runs - because Terra actually was able to extract the dump of my ZHP's shark-injected DME and build a new set of flashable files from it.... so technically i'm running the identical shark-injected tune that i was on my ZHP. without having to use the shark injector. and i am definitely going to try the latest factory software at some point, too... especially in light of the recent findings on the actual 'performance' of the shark/conforti tune.

so...at this point, i've got to:

- FREEZE MY ARSE OFF
    - let the engine run for a bit, check for leaks
    - bleed the brakes
    - install the driveshaft, and heatshields
    - drill out last two broken bolts (aka TIME-SUCKING BOLTS OF DEATH)
    - install the electric cooling fan
    - install the exhaust (with BMW Performance muffler)
    - install the rear shocks (top-adjustable koni yellows )
    - mount the wheels
    - install new strut bar
    - TEST DRIVE (!!!!)
    - reinstall rear interior panels/rear seat
    - BREATHE

if you made it this far....thanks for reading. i'm so excited to have this thing done.... you have no idea.

have an awesome day!

EDIT - unbelievably, this post was #5000 for me. i had no idea! so cool! what an epic day to have this post. i'm pumped.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Man Peter, that's a lot of good stuff for your 5000th post. I know that first drive will put a huge smile on your face.

Well Done Peter

YELKOS - Lake Norman, NC
    2006 330Ci ZHP, ZPP Vert. 6MT Mystic Blue / Grey Montana leather
    purchased 8/23/17 w/ 92,000

Current Stable

2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus (wife's ride)
    2005 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 (Daily Driver)
    2006 Acura MDX Touring (Daughter's college car)
    Deceased (Sold)
    2006 Audi A6
    1999 328I 5MT
    1998 528I AT

Dr. Slaterstein this morning:

congrats, dude!

Killing it man.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Well done man, this is amazing! I can't wait for you to drive this thing down to Toronto
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Page 92 of 128 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast