Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Question Alcantara Headliner?

Ok so I was thinking about this today: how possible do you think it would be to swap out an old headliner for an alcantara one?
    I know it doesn't come stock(obviously) but I've got a friend who owns a Maserati with an alcantara headliner and MAN, it is drop dead gorgeous, something I've always wanted more of in my car.
    So what'd you think? Doesn't seem like anybody has really tried it, and how expensive would it be? I know European Alcantara sells for $140 per 3 yards, but apparently its identical to Ultrasuede which is made in the US and substantially cheaper.
    The reason I bring this up is because my B column in started to sag a little, and I figured why not try to make something special of it?
    Let me know your thoughts!

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Here's an interesting article written by someone who is anti-alcantara lol, an amusing read to say the least
    http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/those-...ath-1733595700

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Mmhh ... why not ? Just to have a reference, I need to replace the headliner on my 2005 MINI and have a quote from an upholstery place for $300 OTD. Are you planning to DIY or take it to some place ? BTW, my B pillars are good but I rarely drive with the windows rolled down. I heard that's a factor for sagging.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Mmhh ... why not ? Just to have a reference, I need to replace the headliner on my 2005 MINI and have a quote from an upholstery place for $300 OTD. Are you planning to DIY or take it to some place ? BTW, my B pillars are good but I rarely drive with the windows rolled down. I heard that's a factor for sagging.
    Oh actually? I didn't know that, I drive with them down all the time, lol guess there's my culprit
    I was going to see how difficult it would be to DIY(removing all the panels and gluing in headliner sounds kind of difficult now that I think about it) but my brother who used to "volunteer" at a church down the street from us worked with a guy who owns an upholstery shop that does car and boat interiors, so I'll try and get in contact with him

It's very possible to wrap it yourself or have someone wrap it. It's been done before, also in a bunch of other types fabric too. It's easy to remove all the panels. Even the headliner. The only hard part is gluing the fabric down pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    It's very possible to wrap it yourself or have someone wrap it. It's been done before, also in a bunch of other types fabric too. It's easy to remove all the panels. Even the headliner. The only hard part is gluing the fabric down pretty much.
    Hmm, you're starting to make this sound doable..

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Hmm, you're starting to make this sound doable..
    it is doable. I've helped my friend wrapped his sedan headliner/pillars in black suede. it just took a lot of time. Just don't get it too thick like he did, cause it was a bitch to fit it back together.

Did anything come of this? Did anyone do the alcantara headliner?

I'm considering doing this.