Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    If you want the M3 suspension, do note that you may be limited in the wheels you can run. Your track will be wider, and you might have fender clearance issues front and back. The 330 doesn't have the wider fenders like the M3 does, so this is something you want to consider before pulling the trigger.
    thats exactly what i was thinking.

side note, your mirrors, are they OE M3 mirrors with modified base plates?

the parts car i have is silver. was thinking of getting the base plates painted black and the mirrors painted imola then tackling some type of retrofit.

i could never find m3 mirrors for 4 door e46 that were made to fit but looked like E46 M3 mirrors. everything i found looked like E36 m3 mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    thats exactly what i was thinking.

side note, your mirrors, are they OE M3 mirrors with modified base plates?

the parts car i have is silver. was thinking of getting the base plates painted black and the mirrors painted imola then tackling some type of retrofit.

i could never find m3 mirrors for 4 door e46 that were made to fit but looked like E46 M3 mirrors. everything i found looked like E36 m3 mirrors.
    I have OE M3 mirrors on my car. One of the previous owners retrofitted them and did a piss poor job of it. He did not modify the baseplate so part of it sticks out. There's only one bolt holding my left mirror on, and it's the wrong kind of bolt. Also, he painted the base red - I really would have preferred black. The mirror motors never quite adjusted properly either, even though I replaced both motors. One glass isn't aligned properly and the other shakes. As nice as they look, they have been nothing but a pain in the ass since I bought the car.

Unfortunately, the only aftermarket mirrors are the E36 and E39 style ones, neither of which look good on an E46.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I have OE M3 mirrors on my car. One of the previous owners retrofitted them and did a piss poor job of it. He did not modify the baseplate so part of it sticks out. There's only one bolt holding my left mirror on, and it's the wrong kind of bolt. Also, he painted the base red - I really would have preferred black. The mirror motors never quite adjusted properly either, even though I replaced both motors. One glass isn't aligned properly and the other shakes. As nice as they look, they have been nothing but a pain in the ass since I bought the car.

Unfortunately, the only aftermarket mirrors are the E36 and E39 style ones, neither of which look good on an E46.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    well they look good from here! lol

these are good points to know when I go to tackle mine. I had no idea so much work had to be done such as motor swap.... not looking forward to that. and the turner base plate template seems to be gone from their website as well :/

Didn't even realize they had a template...
    Charlie assisted me with trying to get the mirror glass centered and he just had to eyeball it since we didn't really have a template to work off of.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Gang,

Picked up a full M3 rear suspension today (thanks again for dropping it off Dave! I have no F-ing idea how you loaded that mass of steel into your truck by yourself. )

A couple of questions I've been researching but can't seem to find definitive answers on teh intarwebs... If anyone here has done the swap and can confirm, I'd appreciate knowing before I start pulling things apart;

1 - Is the ZHP driveshaft compatible with the M3 diff? I've read as long as it has a 6-speed it's the same, but others have said the bolt pattern is different and/or the driveshaft is shorter because the M3 diff is longer.
    2 - Are the RTA's the same on both cars? I have read that the track width of the M3 is wider due to the wheel offsets and the rotor mounting flange-to-flange dimension is the same? I've also read that the M3 RTA's are slightly different and thus the half shafts won't work with the ZHP RTA's. I'd like to re-use my RTA's because I already have SDW RTAB's in them and would prefer not to remove / reinstall in the M3 RTA's.

Help is appreciated...
    -Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12