Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will entire M3 suspension and brakes fit on zhp?

I bought an M3 parts car that has everything except hood headlights etc...

i'm swapping in the engine and transmission but wanted to know if I could also swap in the brakes.. not just the calipers but everything like the knuckles, hub, shocks etc...

I'm pretty sure fronts wont be an issue but the rears I was curious about. im keeping my ZHP diff instead of swapping i the M3 DIFF since id rather sell the diff for money but if I sell the diff and swap over the trailing arms, hubs, suspension.. will it bolt on? and if it does, will my rear wheels have a wider track?

thank you for any and all advice.

....but the M3 diff is LSD???? You don't want LSD????

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

Quote Originally Posted by fw_fw View Post
    ....but the M3 diff is LSD???? You don't want LSD????
    +1... you are crazy not to!

the rears (springs and shocks) actually are 100% interchangeable.

for the fronts, you need everything from the top mounts down to the lower control arms and knuckle. to be honest, in that light you might as well drop the entire M3 engine/trans/front subframe w/ steering rack and suspension directly out of the M3 as one unit, and move it right into the ZHP.

and definitely take the M3 rear end. besides the LSD, you also get a bigger rear sway bar and more swaybar options down the road. plus M3 rear brakes.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    +1... you are crazy not to!

the rears (springs and shocks) actually are 100% interchangeable.

for the fronts, you need everything from the top mounts down to the lower control arms and knuckle. to be honest, in that light you might as well drop the entire M3 engine/trans/front subframe w/ steering rack and suspension directly out of the M3 as one unit, and move it right into the ZHP.

and definitely take the M3 rear end. besides the LSD, you also get a bigger rear sway bar and more swaybar options down the road. plus M3 rear brakes.
    Also the rear m3 subframe is a different design to the Zhp/330 isn't it? Will it be possible to swap Zhp diff into the m3 subframe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Will it be possible to swap Zhp diff into the m3 subframe?

Why would anyone want to?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Also the rear m3 subframe is a different design to the Zhp/330 isn't it? Will it be possible to swap Zhp diff into the m3 subframe?

no, only the M3 diff will fit the M3 subframe.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Why would anyone want to?
    I wouldn't but if I understand correctly that's what OP is trying to do...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

thanks guys thats what i thought.

my DIFF seems to be fine and i didnt necessarily need the LSD. I already was going to have the S54 6 speed transmission gearing so i didnt mind having the longer final drive from the 330 diff albeit open. the m3 diff i could sell for 600-700 dollars to recoup some money potentially.

it sounds like though if i want to swap over the entire suspension I really need the m3 diff.

one last thing, if I have the M3 suspension and diff on my car, does that mean my wheels will either stick in more or stick out more? ie.. will the track size/width change at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    my DIFF seems to be fine and i didnt necessarily need the LSD. I already was going to have the S54 6 speed transmission gearing so i didnt mind having the longer final drive from the 330 diff albeit open. the m3 diff i could sell for 600-700 dollars to recoup some money potentially.
    true, you could - however, with that power you really are going to need the LSD to put it to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    one last thing, if I have the M3 suspension and diff on my car, does that mean my wheels will either stick in more or stick out more? ie.. will the track size/width change at all?
    yes, i believe the front is a bit wider. i think the rear control arms and subframe mounting points are the same, but the rear hub is a bit different. my parts car had a full M3 rear end and the rear track seemed about the same, visually.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

If you want the M3 suspension, do note that you may be limited in the wheels you can run. Your track will be wider, and you might have fender clearance issues front and back. The 330 doesn't have the wider fenders like the M3 does, so this is something you want to consider before pulling the trigger.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast