Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

What MPG are you getting??

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Both hoses on the F-connectr have been replaced. I have not inspected the other end of the fuel filter line... i am assuming it is on the fuel filter behind the glove box?

Fuel filter is under the car... driver’s side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    They say that if you use premium gas as opposed to midgrade you will get better gas mileage which will make up for the extra cost of premium. I decided to test that theory. I ran a tank of midgrade and then a tank of premium and did the math. Here are my results:

MPG with Midgrade 24.08
    MPG with Premium 24.2

Cost of Midgrade 3.12
    Cost of Premium 3.24

MPG difference 0.5 %
    Cost difference 4%

This test shows Midgrade gas is more cost effective in my zhp.
    Actually, your car gets better mileage with Premium because that is what it requires. You shouldn't use anything less than 91 octane.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

^ you’d kill me knowing what I put in my car.

Mileage hasn’t really changed and I can actually drive the car on winters without doing a smoke show at every stop sign. LOL.

I’ll figure it all out once the summers go back on.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I am getting 26+ overall, mix between highway and town driving.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Actually, your car gets better mileage with Premium because that is what it requires. You shouldn't use anything less than 91 octane.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Agreed. However he means it is more cost effective to use mid grade. In other words, the MPG difference does not justify the cost difference.
    Personally, this wouldn't deter me from using solely Premium gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Fuel filter is under the car... driver’s side.
    TY, i was reading on the forums that it was behind the glove compartment, which I thought was a weird place to put it in the first place, but then saw some DIYs on accessing it. Should be an easy one.

Agreed. However he means it is more cost effective to use mid grade. In other words, the MPG difference does not justify the cost difference.

Right, but what I'm saying is that the 330i requires the use of minimum 91 octane fuel (AKI), per the owner's manual. Using anything less could cause damage to the engine. Just trying to look out for y'all!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yep, I agree with your statement. Personally I would run premium mainly due to the fact that the difference in cost is so small, why not. The purpose of my experiment was only to run the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Right, but what I'm saying is that the 330i requires the use of minimum 91 octane fuel (AKI), per the owner's manual. Using anything less could cause damage to the engine. Just trying to look out for y'all!
    It's like saying its more cost effective for me to not buy shoes and just go barefoot everywhere. I'll destroy my feet but, you know, savings.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    It's like saying its more cost effective for me to not buy shoes and just go barefoot everywhere. I'll destroy my feet but, you know, savings.
    Totally see both sides here but can you point me to an E46 that was "destroyed" by mid grade?

I use Shell (top tier) 91-93 btw and recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast