Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

What MPG are you getting??

I recently purchased a 2004 330i zhp from a current zhpMafia member and the previous work he had done to the car was
    -100 dollar headers from ebay
    - exhaust pipping
    - ActiveAutowerke muffler
    - removed resonator

On the highway it seemed to get good gas mileage since i drove it back home on a 4 hour trip, but once i refilled the tank and used it here in the city i was getting about 17mpg. I got 290 miles to the tank. Ive owned a zhp a while back and i remember getting better miles per gallon then. Im wondering What can make my MPG's drop so dramatically? If the headers aren't installed properly do you think that can be effecting my MPG's?

Ive been trying to drive very conservatively and on this new tank i filled. I'm already down a quarter tank and I've only driven 75 miles. Does anyone have any ideas to why? What MPG's are you all getting?

Correction***

Previous owner had Vibrant Performance Streetpower Muffler and the second resonator was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBimmer05 View Post
    Correction***

Previous owner had Vibrant Performance Streetpower Muffler and the second resonator was removed.
    I think if you get 290 miles (466 KMs) to a tank, thats not too bad. I personally get about 430 KMs (267 miles) on a tank, while driving around in the city (Toronto traffic is pretty bad too). Highway is a different story - I usually get around 7.6 L/100 KM (30 MPG) so maybe around 700 KMs on a tank.

I too have the Vibrant street performance exhaust installed but I did not notice any change in MPGs after the install.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBimmer05 View Post
    I recently purchased a 2004 330i zhp from a current zhpMafia member and the previous work he had done to the car was
    -100 dollar headers from ebay
    - exhaust pipping
    - ActiveAutowerke muffler
    - removed resonator

On the highway it seemed to get good gas mileage since i drove it back home on a 4 hour trip, but once i refilled the tank and used it here in the city i was getting about 17mpg. I got 290 miles to the tank. Ive owned a zhp a while back and i remember getting better miles per gallon then. Im wondering What can make my MPG's drop so dramatically? If the headers aren't installed properly do you think that can be effecting my MPG's?

Ive been trying to drive very conservatively and on this new tank i filled. I'm already down a quarter tank and I've only driven 75 miles. Does anyone have any ideas to why? What MPG's are you all getting?

I wouldn't read too much into your mpg's if you're only driving in the city. It's the worst kind of driving you can do for fuel efficiency. 17 sounds on point to me.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

City driving is highly variable. When I lived in Philadelphia with my old 330Ci, I could manage 21-22 mpg in the city because it's mostly flat and I drove at times when traffic wasn't bad. When I moved back to Portland which is much more hilly and I can get stuck in traffic, I can get as low as 17, but I struggle to hit 20 mpg with city driving.

We actually have a mileage thread but hard to find it on tapatalk. With a vert and mods I get 18 city, much better on highway.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Best place to check mileage is at fuelly.com. I use their app to track mileage on my cars and you can easily find what others are getting on their cars of all makes & models.

Frank W.

Present
    2003 BMW 530iA Saphirschwarz Metallic

Past
    2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Silbergrau Metallic
    2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i ///M-Sport Mineralgrau Metallic
    2011 BMW 328i 6MT ///M-Sport Alpenweiss
    1999 BMW ///M Roadster Estorilblau Metallic

plus an assortment of VW, Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nissan, Toyota, and others over the years

This is a very old post with my milage log at that time, that has calculated milage for every tank. I'm still doing this @ 150k and haven't missed a tank. May update in the next few weeks.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...and-Mod-Ledger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah I'm going to see what i average after i finish his full tank and refill up next time. This is only my second full tank in the city driving. at 105k miles on the car it still driving smooth.

Can't stress enough the ocean of difference between a Steptronic and manual in regards to mileage.
    My manual will get 31mpg on the highway all day everyday at 70mph.
    My Steptronic gets about 26mpg on the highway at 70mph.
    Around town and highway mix...
    manual gets 25ish
    Steptronic gets 21ish

BMW CCA # 510252

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast