Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The white with black interior is quite a classy combo... a shame it's been stolen :P

Welcome to the forums!

Ok, so I owe an update on the status of the jumpy-ness of the white car, the diff clunk, the "AWOL" spare tire, and details on the silver one.

I bought new tires for the front of the white one, and while it was up on the lift, it became apparent that the control arm bushings were bad. (Thanks again, Sockethead!!!)
    I replaced both and now she handles like a dream. Pretty easy replacement, I bought Meyle bushings for $67 on Amazon Prime, and used starter fluid as a lube to slide the old ones off of the control arm. (I'm a bit light on any kind of liquid products because of the recent relocation...)

So both ZHP's have a light clunk in the back during SLOPPY shifting. So I think it's just sort of normal, but also possibly worn bushings? I read somewhere that they fixed the body/subframe tearing that used to happen on older E46's?

NoVaphotog hit it right on the money with the spares! I looked for one in the Silver one right away...

On to the Silver one:

2005 6-spd
    Well maintained, owned by a BMW tech and was a trade-in prior to that. Zero leaks or hints of leaks anywhere!
    1 door ding on drivers side
    Mis-matching tire brands front to rear (bugs me)
    Black leather interior is perfect except C-pillars. Even A-pillars are beautiful! (Shift knob is worn).
    Recent front LCA bushings so the drive back was wonderful
    Leather interior with a silver-cube trim (is this a thing too?)
    133,000 miles
    $8k

Quote Originally Posted by 06mr6 View Post
    2005 6-spd
    Well maintained, owned by a BMW tech and was a trade-in prior to that. Zero leaks or hints of leaks anywhere!
    1 door ding on drivers side
    Mis-matching tire brands front to rear (bugs me)
    Black leather interior is perfect except C-pillars. Even A-pillars are beautiful! (Shift knob is worn).
    Recent front LCA bushings so the drive back was wonderful
    Leather interior with a silver-cube trim (is this a thing too?)
    133,000 miles
    $8k
    Congrats on having two ZHPs! It seems when you do something, you go all in! I have an '06 with grey leather plus silver cube trim. It's a thing indeed!

I have a black leather interior with silver cube. The car originally came with black cube but the original purchaser swapped it (I'm the second owner) so it must be a thing.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Congrats

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123