Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Obviously the 2 pad route is ideal - though a bit of a pain. Are the basic Akebono pads (ECS Tuning has them) an OEM comparable option for solely street use?

Shops tend to want to sell me the parts too. If I bring my own parts, about how many hours ($ cost) should a shop charge me to do rotors/pads/lines and flush the system out?

I did a quick search for DIYs on pads/rotors/lines/flush on the forum but didn't find anything. Some decent stuff on youtube but was curious if there are any nicely detailed DIYs on here as I consider giving it a try myself.

Thanks
I can give you a write up on the pads, rotors, & Sensors part of that job. If you are doing pads and rotors and the rest of the system, don't forget the sensors! They are not that expensive and are easy to swap out.

PM if you want to do the brakes. It is pretty simple and can be accomplished with basic tools, a jack, and jack stands. I paid just shy of $500 for 4 pad sets, 4 rotors, 2 sensors. Labor would bring this number up anywhere from $200 to $500 I would imagine depending on the shop. American Tire wanted $190 in labor to do just the front pads on the Fiesta ST. Its a Ford and that didn't include the parts!