Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Window Tint. Prices, types, installers, $$$

So, I've been doing some research on window tint and cannot really find anything recent. I had my ZHP done for $400, all windows even the windshield with Suntek Carbon. That company told me they increased prices bc they use higher quality tint now. So, I'm guessing they are gonna charge me $600-$800 for an x5. I'm just not gonna pay that.

What have you guys paid and where? I am looking for a good installer in the NC area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid $200 for Suntek Carbon on my coupe at a place out in Beaverton, OR. That was about a year and a half ago.

Well the prices pretty much depends on the type of tint you are going for. Ceramic tint tend to be the most expensive, then metallic, then normal tint. Normal tint in my area goes for like $150-$200. then metallic is like $400-$700. ceramic is like $600-$1000.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Well the prices pretty much depends on the type of tint you are going for. Ceramic tint tend to be the most expensive, then metallic, then normal tint. Normal tint in my area goes for like $150-$200. then metallic is like $400-$700. ceramic is like $600-$1000.
    What sillieidiot said is true. Your location will also affect pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I paid $200 for Suntek Carbon on my coupe at a place out in Beaverton, OR. That was about a year and a half ago.
    That sound consistent with what I paid. I really liked the suntek carbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    im thinking(and hoping) that I'll get a little bit better of a price on the east coast.

I can't find my receipt right now, but I did a bunch of research with my last car and found that Llumar CTX (40%) was the best film for the balance of price/heat rejection/color and just found an installer that carried it. I've been really happy with it and it wasn't terribly expensive. I'd say <$500 even with adding a sheet of Suntek CXP 80 on my windshield (which I regret -- it's hazy and looks like a film of dirt in the sunlight).

I also had Suntek Carbon (cheap film) on my last ZHP and it had a horrible green tint to it. The car looked like it was trapping a fart in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I can't find my receipt right now, but I did a bunch of research with my last car and found that Llumar CTX (40%) was the best film for the balance of price/heat rejection/color and just found an installer that carried it. I've been really happy with it and it wasn't terribly expensive. I'd say <$500 even with adding a sheet of Suntek CXP 80 on my windshield (which I regret -- it's hazy and looks like a film of dirt in the sunlight).

I also had Suntek Carbon (cheap film) on my last ZHP and it had a horrible green tint to it. The car looked like it was trapping a fart in the sun.
    Huh, I've had a very different experience. Maybe the film you had was an old formula/production method? I've had it on both of my E46s over the last 4-5 years and have had no color distortion, good even layering (no image distortion), with good heat rejection on hot and sunlit days.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post

Like BMW curves I loved my suntek carbon.

I got the 70 on my windshield, and unlike you I didn't hate it...I loved it. I will never own a nice car again without the windshield being tinted. My only regret was not going darker on the windshield. I'll probably go more like 45-60% this time.

Just got a quote for $425 or $480 with moonroof using pinnacle ceramic. They refuse to do the windshield darker than 80% though so I'm not gonna go there unless everywhere else is a lot more expensive.

Window Tint. Prices, types, installers, $$$

Has anyone ever used the suntek ceramic? I'm debating on that and the carbonxp
    Price is about $539 for everything cxp
    And $669 for ceramic.
    I cannot find anything online about the suntek ceramic. Even suntek's website has specs on all there tint except the ceramic

Edit: that's a different shop that I have used before. Great reputation for doing good work and fixing mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast