Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    if I have bright midday sun pics then i use the kodak elite chrome 400 with grain set to 0. for late afternoon pics i sometimes use kodachrome 64 with a reduced opacity to around 50-60%

sometimes I like using Fuji Provia 100f.

i used provia 100F on most of these images posted today.
    Thanks. That takes me back to my film days, and damn if Provia isn’t some of the best film I’ve ever shot. Looks like I’m going down the DXO rabbit hole this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I think people only love the square setup for handling. I don't know anyone that likes the look because, like you said, it looks goofy as shit. See: my car

I'm a function over form guy and I like my car to function by sliding sideways.
    You could go square for the front setup, but then the back looks comically undersized. When I put my 8.5J 235 track tires on the car after looking at the 9.5J 255 on a daily basis they just look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't spacers in the rear fix that issue to some extent?
    It could, but if you like that meaty look out back the spacers don’t do much. See my comment above.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I think people only love the square setup for handling. I don't know anyone that likes the look because, like you said, it looks goofy as shit. See: my car

I'm a function over form guy and I like my car to function by sliding sideways.
    I honestly prefer the staggered set up for handling but have square set up so I can rotate tires....
    if I had free tires I’d have staggered set up anyday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't spacers in the rear fix that issue to some extent?
    im already running 15mm spacers in the back and my wheels are hair past the rear fenders.

im running 19x9.5 et27 all around but in the rear with a 15mm spacer that is an et12.

even with the rear wheels pushed out with a 15mm spacer.. the fronts still have a wider track. i measured 67 inches up front bs 66 and 3/4 out back..
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

yea but there are many threads no m3forum where someone posts a series of pics and it clearly shows poke up front but people see right past t hat and say "man look s00o good.. i wish I had that... drool... " etc etc.. its like they are brainwashed to think poke up front looks good when it doesnt.

i'll be so glad to switch back to a staggered setup
    Meh, I think they're just used to the front poke on tracked cars and get excited seeing a functionally awesome car. I would do the same. I see the staggered look as the aesthetically balanced, OE+ showroom ready build (like your car) and the 265 square look as cool because you can see how planted it would be on the track.

Yeah but then you just get into a 4 corner mexiflush setup. I have 18x9.5 et35 square and the fronts tires are a few mm from contacting the strut, while also sticking out of the fenders. Spacing out the rear would make the whole car look stupid instead of just the front.

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I honestly prefer the staggered set up for handling but have square set up so I can rotate tires....
    if I had free tires I’d have staggered set up anyday...

Really? For like, corner handling, or general driveability? Our wagon with a staggered setup is an absolute dream on the highway compared to my red car.

im already running 15mm spacers in the back and my wheels are hair past the rear fenders.

im running 19x9.5 et27 all around but in the rear with a 15mm spacer that is an et12.

even with the rear wheels pushed out with a 15mm spacer.. the fronts still have a wider track. i measured 67 inches up front bs 66 and 3/4 out back..
    Ah ok

For what its worth I still really like my square 245mm tire setup. The rear isn't as meaty but its only 10mm per tire. Makes the car so much more nimble and willing to turn in and with the amount of power the ZHP puts down it feels really fun.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

here are some updated pics of the square setup. already I dont like it and have ordered a set of OEM CSL wheels fro bmw germany instead. square ZCP/CSL wheels are way too much poke up front for my tastes. im running a 15mm spacer out back to even it up but still the fronts are just to far out even with -2.6 camber on both sides.
    F-ing fantastic photos!

FWIW - I think those wheels look awesome, but you're right; too much poke up front.

I think people only love the square setup for handling. I don't know anyone that likes the look because, like you said, it looks goofy as shit.
    Agreed that it looks goofy... That was my biggest fear in shopping for wheels. They have to 'tuck' just right or I hate the look.

I always thought the main reason people wanted a square setup was for rotation. If you're running an LSD and/or have more power I would think you'd want more rubber in the back.

I saw a video in which they tested the square setup vs staggered, and the staggered was faster in the dry. The square, however, was faster in the wet...
    -Chris

Really? For like, corner handling, or general driveability? Our wagon with a staggered setup is an absolute dream on the highway compared to my red car.
    Completely forgot to respond to this.

General drive ability. The square setup tram lines so much that it’s annoying. It’s more of an annoyance on shitty MI roads...

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

General drive ability. The square setup tram lines so much that it’s annoying. It’s more of an annoyance on shitty MI roads...

Square setups should tramline less than staggered. You have PSS, right? From my experience they’re some of the worst tires for tramlining.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Square setups should tramline less than staggered. You have PSS, right? From my experience they’re some of the worst tires for tramlining.
    I thought it was dependent on tire width too?
    Yup PSS...

That's your tires, man. I don't have that problem and I run 255/35-18 all around.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast