QUOTE=cornercarver;591091]Does the ‘no rain sensor’ version have a coating which might affect the rain sensor operation?[/QUOTE]

The rain sensor version of the windshield actually has an extra cutout in the infrared film so on cars that have the infrared windshield with the rain sensor there's an additional cutout.all I really want is the auto light so the cutout won't really affect ambient light once I get the sensor mounted. In the auto sensing wipers will probably work maybe not 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
I'm looking forward to your thoughts and review of that heat blocking windshield. I wonder if Pilkington makes a OEM version for the aftermarket, it'd be great to get one of these.
They do but you can't get it in the United States they don't have it here I checked everywhere. The M3 coupe Yes because it's available from the BMW dealer in the USA. But for sedans and tourings we are out of luck. Pilkington and saint gobain both make infrared windshields for our cars but not the United States only in European countries and nobody over there will ship glass unfortunately I tried for two months looking around emailing and begging.

Once I found the windshield that I wanted with the rain sensor and infrared option that was when I found out that the part number was coming up NLA and BMW global warehouse system.

So I settled for the non-rain sensor version and they showed 12 in Germany just had to wait a month or two for it to finally come in and get approved by BMW.

Here's some pictures of it installed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk