Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast
    QUOTE=cornercarver;591091]Does the ‘no rain sensor’ version have a coating which might affect the rain sensor operation?[/QUOTE]

The rain sensor version of the windshield actually has an extra cutout in the infrared film so on cars that have the infrared windshield with the rain sensor there's an additional cutout.all I really want is the auto light so the cutout won't really affect ambient light once I get the sensor mounted. In the auto sensing wipers will probably work maybe not 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'm looking forward to your thoughts and review of that heat blocking windshield. I wonder if Pilkington makes a OEM version for the aftermarket, it'd be great to get one of these.
    They do but you can't get it in the United States they don't have it here I checked everywhere. The M3 coupe Yes because it's available from the BMW dealer in the USA. But for sedans and tourings we are out of luck. Pilkington and saint gobain both make infrared windshields for our cars but not the United States only in European countries and nobody over there will ship glass unfortunately I tried for two months looking around emailing and begging.

Once I found the windshield that I wanted with the rain sensor and infrared option that was when I found out that the part number was coming up NLA and BMW global warehouse system.

So I settled for the non-rain sensor version and they showed 12 in Germany just had to wait a month or two for it to finally come in and get approved by BMW.

Here's some pictures of it installed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Damn, that windshield looks great. Does it have any cutouts for a radar detector? I recall the early 2000's S-Class having a trapezoid cutout that was perfect for one.

I'm definitely going to request the infrared glass for my m3 when I finally get it replaced. If people at BMW saw your car I'd bet they wished they had made the e46 m3 sedan, I know I wish they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Damn, that windshield looks great. Does it have any cutouts for a radar detector? I recall the early 2000's S-Class having a trapezoid cutout that was perfect for one.

I'm definitely going to request the infrared glass for my m3 when I finally get it replaced. If people at BMW saw your car I'd bet they wished they had made the e46 m3 sedan, I know I wish they had.
    I knew there was some piece of electronics that didn’t work with the IR windshields but I couldn’t remember what it was.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

when i first saw u posting about tracking down an IR windshield i was like shawn has totally lost it wtf is he doing

but now that i see it

holy crap

i mean it's a windshield it shouldn't be that awesome i feel so weird rn

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I knew there was some piece of electronics that didn’t work with the IR windshields but I couldn’t remember what it was.
    Must be radar detectors.

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    QUOTE=cornercarver;591091]Does the ‘no rain sensor’ version have a coating which might affect the rain sensor operation?
    They do but you can't get it in the United States they don't have it here I checked everywhere. The M3 coupe Yes because it's available from the BMW dealer in the USA.

Here's some pictures of it installed.

[/QUOTE]

Shawn, this windshield looks amazing!! Text me the price if you don’t mind... I have to replace the windshield on my M3 so I want to get the same kind for it. Looks absolutely amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean, I guess it looks cool and you can say you're probably the only one in the US with that on your car. I just personally don't see the point haha.

But then again, I'm the person that would drop $4k on a set of custom built BBS wheels (if I had the guap to drop) so who am I to say whats worth it and what isn't lol

As long as you like it and and are happy, that's all that matters.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Window film does the same thing but at a much lower price, and without the restrictions of the special coating.
    I mean it is cool, but damn that's a lot of money for the same functionality.

Is it supposed to be more effective than film?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    And if it’s anything like the old S Class it’s trippy as hell to look at/look through when you have polarized sunglasses.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Window film does the same thing but at a much lower price, and without the restrictions of the special coating.

Is it supposed to be more effective than film?
    I had one car with a light 80% film on the windshield and it was awful. In direct sunlight, it would haze like it was covered in dirt. I was always scratching it with tools and had to be super careful when cleaning. I'll never do it again. I'm sure Shawn paid a lot of dollars to get this piece, which is his shtick with getting this car OE+ perfect, but my cheap ass wouldn't hesitate to pay $500 for this if it were available to the plebs.

Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast