Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    there's a guy on M3Forum that was getting WPC coated ones. if i remember correctly they were 'better' than OEM bearings.
    Yes those are the ones I got from that same guy so hopefully ill have more peace of mind with this bearing set.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    Yes those are the ones I got from that same guy so hopefully ill have more peace of mind with this bearing set.
    that usually seems to be the consensus when going to one of those.

nicer updates today.

Bearings are in, Engine and transmission are in, M tech Door sill are in.

M54 AC compressor bolts to S54 and lines up no problem so did not have to evacuate any AC freon.

M3 control arms are in on the front, coil overs will be in tomorrow ready to install with the M3 brakes and knuckles.

Also keeping my ZHP steering rack and that is bolted into the M3 subframe we installed.

IMG_20170307_191917-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

IMG_20170307_193104-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

M3 on left, ZHP on right.

IMG_20170307_192953-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

IMG_20170307_190455-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

IMG_20170307_190404-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

nice work, shawn! that's excellent news about the A/C compressor.

what wheels are you going to be running? stock? if so, your front wheels are going to be a bit wider now with those M3 control arms.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

nice work, shawn! that's excellent news about the A/C compressor.

what wheels are you going to be running? stock? if so, your front wheels are going to be a bit wider now with those M3 control arms.
    stock ZHP wheels for now. they should look good on a lower car being pushed out just a whee put.

complete rear M3 subframe, trailing arms, brakes and Diff with subframe reinforcement plates and poly bushings for subframe, rtap and diff as well. Fronts will retain ZHP steering rack but M3 lower control arms, brakes and knuckles and DGR coilovers for m3 all around. so it should be lower with a slightly wider stance all around.

it wont only just the fronts being wider.

maybe next years project can be wheels. I really want a set of stock M3 19s the ones from the E46 M3.. polished ones... or the split 10 spokes from the E92 M3 but those will all require fender rolling. with the wider stance.

stock ZHP wheels for now. they should look good on a lower car being pushed out just a whee put.

complete rear M3 subframe, trailing arms, brakes and Diff with subframe reinforcement plates and poly bushings for subframe, rtap and diff as well.
    you really should consider the VinceBar for RACP reinforcement - the plates simply aren't enough (they don't address the root of the problem - the load path!).

Fronts will retain ZHP steering rack but M3 lower control arms, brakes and knuckles and DGR coilovers for m3 all around. so it should be lower with a slightly wider stance all around.

it wont only just the fronts being wider.
    the rear won't be any wider with the m3 rear end - it's the same width. it's the m3 rear wheel offset that makes the track wider.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I agree, you should really consider something like the Vince bar. If you go with the bonding & riveting, it's something you could tackle yourself.

I really liked the look of the ZHP wheels with my car lowered and spacers. I think you're going to like it too.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I appreciate the suggestions for this Vince bar but its not in the budget or plans at this time. I could spend all day conjuring up new ways to combat this or that and it seems like there's always something else out there that you just have to have. i bet if i got the vince bar then someone else will come out and say oh you should go ahead and also do this...

it never ends...

I was supposed to just do S54 swap and that was it then it spiraled out of control to subframe plates, all new poly bushings, full exhaust, coilovers, cooling system overhaul, M3 diff..

as far as the rear not having a wider track.... i was under the impression that the M3 trailing arms were different than 330i RTA and pushed the wheels out a bit in conjunction with the M3 wheels.

if that is not the case then ill look into some rear spacers so that my front wheels dont look weird sticking out further than the rears.

I appreciate the suggestions for this Vince bar but its not in the budget or plans at this time. I could spend all day conjuring up new ways to combat this or that and it seems like there's always something else out there that you just have to have. i bet if i got the vince bar then someone else will come out and say oh you should go ahead and also do this...

it never ends...

I was supposed to just do S54 swap and that was it then it spiraled out of control to subframe plates, all new poly bushings, full exhaust, coilovers, cooling system overhaul, M3 diff..
    well, in my opinion... and i'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you really can't afford not to do it. you're adding 100hp and 40ft-lbs of torque to the chassis that already can fail with the power output it had to begin with.

the issue is that the subframe mounts do not tie into the frame rails. they're just mounted to the carriers spot-welded inside the flimsy RACP, and it's only a matter of time until those spot welds break, and the rear floor starts pulling away from the chassis. it's serious issue that most people say, "eh, whatever" to.

the problem is lack of education on this issue. i've posted a bunch on here about it.

as far as the rear not having a wider track.... i was under the impression that the M3 trailing arms were different than 330i RTA and pushed the wheels out a bit in conjunction with the M3 wheels.
    nope, they're the same.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

well, in my opinion... and i'm not trying to be a jerk here, but you really can't afford not to do it. you're adding 100hp and 40ft-lbs of torque to the chassis that already can fail with the power output it had to begin with.

the issue is that the subframe mounts do not tie into the frame rails. they're just mounted to the carriers spot-welded inside the flimsy RACP, and it's only a matter of time until those spot welds break, and the rear floor starts pulling away from the chassis. it's serious issue that most people say, "eh, whatever" to.

the problem is lack of education on this issue. i've posted a bunch on here about it.

nope, they're the same.
    thanks for looking out!

Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast