Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
    man no updates since october 2018??? where are you guys to push me????

well just wanted to give an update from the Alcantara for sale WTB thread i made.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Shawn’s M3 sedan is a very worthy project and I’m happy I can help contribute to it

To be perfectly honest, I’m excited to see Shawn’s new alcantara seats installed after the driver’s seat bolster has been repaired

Good things only happen to good people....

Sent from my iPhoneX using Tapatalk Pro
    forgot to update...

i had a friend/coworker that lived up in MA and was coming down to atlanta for a business event. Charlie went out of his way on a work day to meet up with my friend/coworker to hand off the seats. My friend said Charlie was pleasant and a very nice gentlemen.

i got the seats the next day and they were in wonderful condition. the driver side seat had a small cut/tear that was already made aware and im currently in search for matching 9002 Alcantara Cover material to order to have a local upholstery shop replace that damaged bolster.

thanks Charlie a ton!

it will be a while before i get the interior into my red car, i want to wait until the seat is repaired.

some of the door panels have loose fabric so i will be separating the center sections of the door panels to remove the perforated fabric and reglue it to the panels securely.

will need to figure out if there is any difference between leather panels and alcantara panels in regard to the FOAM backing. leather is attached to a thick FOAM but the alcantara didn't have that foam, instead it had something more like headliners with a disintegrated orange foam backing that will need to be scraped or scrubbed off first.

since the car doesn't get driven a lot (been parked since December in a garage) i wanted to make it even more true sport/M3 and i feel like the alcantara despite it being a sedan interior, is more in tune with the "ethos" that im trying to embody with this car.

sold off the M3 natural brown seats locally and will be selling the door panels and rear seats to someone hopefully.

plans are to take a spare set of m3 lumbar and bolster controls/bags/actuators/lines in my parts box and retrofit them into the alcantara seats so i'm not losing any functionality from the sale of the M3 seats.

car still has 174k miles on it (165k on it when purchased October 2016)
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

No problem Shawn! I知 glad you can put these seats to good use. They were taking up space in my garage for way too long and when I saw you were looking for a set...well, you know how that worked out!

It will be nice when you have everything finished!

Shit I would致e bought those NB M3 seats.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Shit I would’ve bought those NB M3 seats.
    i had removed the levers for leaning seat forward that Coupes needed so you would have lost functionality.

if you want to recover m3 seats for natural brown with the L seat covers or any other covers im more than happy to help man and lend a hand in fitting them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    No problem Shawn! I’m glad you can put these seats to good use. They were taking up space in my garage for way too long and when I saw you were looking for a set...well, you know how that worked out!

It will be nice when you have everything finished!

appreciate it Charlie!

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    i had removed the levers for leaning seat forward that Coupes needed so you would have lost functionality.

if you want to recover m3 seats for natural brown with the L seat covers or any other covers im more than happy to help man and lend a hand in fitting them for you.
    Ah, never mind then. I知 actually talking with Nate about putting his extra Alcantara interior in my car. Starting to feel a little like you, next thing you know I値l be welding on M3 fenders.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Ah, never mind then. I知 actually talking with Nate about putting his extra Alcantara interior in my car. Starting to feel a little like you, next thing you know I値l be welding on M3 fenders.
    Yassss that will be awesome.

I can definitely see the trend of a lot of people going to the cloth interior this year.

Year of the cloth

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Small update

Competed one of my two custom alcantara zhp seats. Sold my natural brown m3 heated bolster/lumbar seats last year in hopes of making the switch to factory alcantara zhp seats but I hated that I lost m3 bolster functions.

I decide to retrofit the bolster system into the non M sport seat and it was a success.

Can't wait to finish the other seat and get it installed into the car.

I worked really hard to find the closest match of alcantara material to repair my torn seats. I have collected about 5 seats and picked/chose the best parts of each seat to make the closest possible version of my perfect mint seat that had minimal uv fade. I can't stand how the alcantara turns a green tinge when it fades from sunlight and you lose your charcoal grey look.

The seats are now rebuilt with good material, heated, lumbar and bolster control like m3 but also period and chassis correct for the chassis.

This seat is a hybrid... Lower passenger side v seat cushion/cover from Charlie's seat I bought from him and a drive passenger passenger side upper seat cover and cushion from anther set of seats I bought from Florida

Thanks Charlie!

Last edited by nextelbuddy; 06-08-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Picture links are broken for me. Otherwise, really curious to see this!

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Picture links are broken for me. Otherwise, really curious to see this!
    Try now

Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast