Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I had one car with a light 80% film on the windshield and it was awful. In direct sunlight, it would haze like it was covered in dirt. I was always scratching it with tools and had to be super careful when cleaning. I'll never do it again. I'm sure Shawn paid a lot of dollars to get this piece, which is his shtick with getting this car OE+ perfect, but my cheap ass wouldn't hesitate to pay $500 for this if it were available to the plebs.
    Never had any of those problems with my film.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Window film does the same thing but at a much lower price, and without the restrictions of the special coating.
    I mean it is cool, but damn that's a lot of money for the same functionality.

Is it supposed to be more effective than film?
    I'm pretty sure film is more effective. But film isn't perfectly clear which is the main problem I have with it. You can't see it when the film is darker, but anything above 55%, I can totally see the adhesive backing. It feels like you are trying to use someone else's prescription glasses. Just gives me a headache every time I drive.

It's a neat mod though. In my model 3, I have the IR from that factory on the roof glass. I ended up tinting it still since it let in too much heat. All my other glass was tinted at the time.

Nextel's Imola Sedan ZHP thread (another imola sedan?)

Window film does the same thing but at a much lower price, and without the restrictions of the special coating.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    And if it’s anything like the old S Class it’s trippy as hell to look at/look through when you have polarized sunglasses.
    I had one car with a light 80% film on the windshield and it was awful. In direct sunlight, it would haze like it was covered in dirt. I was always scratching it with tools and had to be super careful when cleaning. I'll never do it again. I'm sure Shawn paid a lot of dollars to get this piece, which is his shtick with getting this car OE+ perfect, but my cheap ass wouldn't hesitate to pay $500 for this if it were available to the plebs.
    I will chime in beings my M3 has 75% tint on the front windshield with a 50% glare strip.

Living in the Hot Las Vegas desert tint is a MUST out here. Having the entire windshield tinted helps tremendously! It cuts down on the heat on the dash, the glare and ( in my opinion ) looks good. I never had any issues with scratching or hazing. I think the issue might be the quality of the tint. BP, Charlie and John have seen my M3 in person. Were there any of these issues guys?

Charlie took this photo, I’m sitting in the car.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

No issues at all with Gary's tint. It looks great. My only thought was that I had never driven in a car with front window tint so it took a sec to get used to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Damn, that windshield looks great. Does it have any cutouts for a radar detector? I recall the early 2000's S-Class having a trapezoid cutout that was perfect for one.

I'm definitely going to request the infrared glass for my m3 when I finally get it replaced. If people at BMW saw your car I'd bet they wished they had made the e46 m3 sedan, I know I wish they had.

yes that little blakc trapezoid area at the top center is a cut out for toll passes etc..

you ar ein luck as realoem shows that the US M3 is available to order the rain sensor infrared windshield through US dealer and from a us warehouse. you can also have a place like safelite etc.. order you the solar/infrared windshield as well that would come from Pilkington itself.

sedans and tourings arent so lucky and have to order from europe and hope that a dealer gets it right because glass ordered from over seas is not returnable if its wrong or you change your mind.

when i first saw u posting about tracking down an IR windshield i was like shawn has totally lost it wtf is he doing

but now that i see it

holy crap

i mean it's a windshield it shouldn't be that awesome i feel so weird rn

exactly. i get so excited over the little things that make up this car, all the little details and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

Shawn, this windshield looks amazing!! Text me the price if you don’t mind... I have to replace the windshield on my M3 so I want to get the same kind for it. Looks absolutely amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    thanks Charlie! sure thing will do.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I mean, I guess it looks cool and you can say you're probably the only one in the US with that on your car. I just personally don't see the point haha.

But then again, I'm the person that would drop $4k on a set of custom built BBS wheels (if I had the guap to drop) so who am I to say whats worth it and what isn't lol

As long as you like it and and are happy, that's all that matters.
    everyone has their things they spend money on

this isnt a coating, its an embeded laminate film between the 2 layers of safety glass so its inside the glass and the top black area is the cut out for toll passes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    And if it’s anything like the old S Class it’s trippy as hell to look at/look through when you have polarized sunglasses.
    can confirm no trippy ness for the polarized rayban glasses i have in that car.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586